The Extinction at Park Mammoth Golf Club (6/3/23)

Update on lodging from our hotel!

1 Like

https://www.instagram.com/p/CqHLochtypy/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Just gonna drop this here. Another review with some more great pictures of Park Mammoth!

2 Likes

@Douger23 nice article cant wait to see what she looks like in June, it’s starting to be golf weather in Ohio so we’re all itching to get out and play.

2 Likes

A little prize mock up to kickstart your weekend

12 Likes

Oh…. And these will be available for purchase

9 Likes

Me every time @leftysauce sends me another merch mock up!

8 Likes

I’m coming to Kentucky and leaving with that SICK bag

8 Likes

You better come correct! All of @HighCottonClub is gunning for those things!

5 Likes

I’m winning that

Digital rendering isn’t the best, but you get the idea… bags for the swag that everyone will receive. S/o Unknown Golf for hooking it up with these Vessel shoe bags

13 Likes

After finding this thread I’m feeling lucky to get into the field! Was excited before, but reading through all the posts has me PUMPED for June to get here already!

10 Likes

The behind the scenes work doesn’t stop, more coming

9 Likes

Hell of a welcome to the refuge! That’s called getting involved right there!

1 Like

Excuse the thumb, but turns out if the pin is back left on 7, you can hit dead center of the green and the slope may knock it in — or at least knock it tight

Despite a ton of rain the past couple days and cooler overnight temps, the golf course was in great shape today. The greens are obviously still healing but warmer temps are on the way and they should be prime in no time

The native areas are already bucking their head… With a stableford format at The Extinction, very good chance we play them as some form of penalty area

4 Likes

We’re back with hole previews after a phenomenal day at Park Mammoth in The High Cotton Classic. We’ll be running two/week until we get caught up, so please enjoy the uphill par 3 fifth hole…

At 203 on the scorecard, this hole is the perfect match play hole as a true par 3.5, but brutal for the stableford format we’ll be playing at The Extinction. The hill adds probably 15 yards, and if you’re like me, puts you right in between nuking your longest iron or taking some off a fairway metal.

The slope on the right of the green will kick tee shots towards the hole, but they may get caught up in the swells if the tee shot was too far right.

The tiered green complex offers noticeable but still subtle nuances that make putting from above the hole a treacherous venture.

Oh, and the bunker short left? Don’t hit it there. Even worse, avoid any of the native area. The native left of the cart path is especially inviting to duck hooks for righties and queefy misses for lefties.

All in all, a proper ass par 3 following a proper ass par 4 is a great third leg in a stretch of challenging holes

5 Likes

This hole is my absolute kryptonite! The double I made from the right hand trees last summer is quite possibly the greatest double of my life! I would say that any shot within 10-15 feet on this one has a great chance of walking away with the KP!

Also, you are correct, this whole is a proper ass par 4. Hahaha

Anyone still need a room for the event? I’ve procrastinated enough on booking my hotel stay.

After talking with the golf course, happy to confirm we’ll be changing pin positions during lunch! Excited to be able to show off different spots on these green complexes

6 Likes

I need a buddy to spoon with.

We get a new brochure yet?