The Down Under thread - ANZAC adjacent

Did you have the diamond sweater on Bougle Run? Thoughts? I played it at the end of a long weekend down there, but it was so much fun!!

1 Like

Yeah it definitely took a while to get my head round it but have managed a couple of rounds with some guys from BTS which has been great.

It would be awesome to see some events pop up locallyā€¦ seems like between BTS and the Refuge thereā€™s enough sickos around the place

2 Likes

Seriously happy to host. Letā€™s get a date on calendar and get some refuge and BTS folks on the course.

4 Likes

Definitely keen.

Iā€™m sydney based but always happy to travel. Get down to melbourne for work a bit and just booked a weekend at barnbougle in June so racking up some kms for golf doesnā€™t faze me!

4 Likes

I actually played Bougle Run around September, but the Diamond sweater was in full flight when I visited Cape Wickham in November. It is the best item I have in my closet. Easily.

I have notification of the ā€˜first majorā€™ drop and I am very excited about it. Hoodies and t shirts are absolute fire and I think you will have to be quick to get those ones.

Unfortunately @MG82 I put the order in before the H&B lines dropped, so it will be the next order with those ones included. DM with any future items, and I will ensure they are in the next order.

2 Likes

Happy to be in the loop for the Melbourne or Barnbougle legs of your travelsā€¦

Good call to keep this thread in the loop for openings!

2 Likes

Well anyone down Barnbougle way the June long weekend feel free to hit me up haha

2 Likes

Do take up this offer, @seskis is a gracious host.

2 Likes

I take it you are ā€œAdamSā€ on thereā€¦ being the Regional VC?!

1 Like

Btw, good to see some more movement in here!

2 Likes

Working on November trip.

Tara Iti, Te Arai and Kauri Cliffs booked so far.

4 Likes

Amazing! Let me know if you make it further south.

Thatā€™s me. Long and the short of it is to try and get more engagement IRL (in real life) for Golfers Journal subscribers. We are working on at least one event which will be at a top tier course for a little later this year, but in the meantime, letā€™s all tee it up as much as possible. If you are a subscriber and not on Discord, go sign up as there is a bunch of pretty cool content up there.

5 Likes

Too kind, and guessing you are back in the UK now. Let me know when you are back down this way.

1 Like

this may be a dumb question but what do I search for re golfers journal on discord

If you are a golfers journal subscriber (print or digital) youā€™ll receive an invitation to join the discord server. If you canā€™t find it Rachel can help, details below:

Rachel Blum
Customer Service, The Golferā€™s Journal
customerservice@golfersjournal.com

thanks @seskis.

Wow do I love the Masters.

Very frustrating to see the NLU Masters delivery due to land on Monday, but I am loving every bit of this drop. As an apology, the site is currently 30% off everything, and as a bonus for Monday (hopefully) updates, I have brought in some of the light-weight hoodies which were finally restocked, and are surely the favourite item of Soly as he wears them in every playing video they post!

Enjoy the Masters, and fingers crossed for Smith and Scott to chase down the final pair on Sunday

The new Masters lines are live and they look amazing. Sold out in the US, so here is your chance!

I have also finally got myself one of the light weight hoodies and will be wearing it on all days above 10 degrees. Really nice light material which is closer to a t - shirt to be a perfect layer for golf all the way through to going for a jog.

I have also dropped heaps of the prices on items like t-shirts, polos and caps, so feel free to check out the new look site and get some more NLU kit for Autumn.

Alright Nesticles, Iā€™m booked in for a few days down at Barnbougle in June (first time down there after a couple of covid cancellations)

Few questions Iā€™d love some feedback on for those whoā€™ve been:

-course order. Iā€™ve got tentative bookings for Dunes day 1 with a repeat, Lost Farm day 2 with a repeat, and either Bougle run or one more of either lost farm or dunes before flying out day 3. Is there any order youā€™d suggest playing the courses in?

• caddies. Iā€™ve played mostly public golf my entire life so never had the option to take a caddy before. Whatā€™s the caddy experience like down there? Is it necessary to take a caddy to navigate the courses first time round?

• recovery. Im currently looking at 90 holes in 2.5 days. Given it doesnā€™t look the easiest walk is playing 36 a day actually feasible?

Thanks all!