The Down Under thread - ANZAC adjacent

Caddie recommendation ask for “Bullet”, stories are worth it alone.
Enjoy

1 Like

Course guides available, but a caddy would be fun. Not absolutely necessary though IMHO.

Replay each day is the way to go, not sure that any specific course first is an issue.

90 holes not an issue as long as you play regularly and don’t cop horrendous weather.

1 Like

Unless you’re trying to break a course record there’s no need for a caddy at any of the Barnbougle courses. A course guide will suffice.

Walking 36 holes in a day is exhausting but doable providing you’re fit and the wind and/or rain isn’t up. Prepare to be knackered afterwards though. Probably best to schedule the Bougle Run short course in as the second round of the day.

My recommendation would be:

• Day 1: Fly in, 18 holes at The Dunes (then a round at Bougle Run if you have the time and energy)
  • Day 2: 20 holes at Lost Farm, lunch and beers, then a round at Bougle Run
  • Day 3: 18 holes at The Dunes (or Lost Farm if you preferred it) then fly out.

Keep in mind June in Tassie has the shortest days. Sunrise around 8am and sunset around 5pm.

Final advice is they are really flexible as the courses are never crowded so you can always change tee times or courses on the day.

1 Like

That’s awesome, thanks for that. The flexibility point is a good one, I like the idea of moving some stuff around on the fly depending on how the days are going

I don’t think the order of play matters much, though you should at least repeat one course on a day just to get the discounted day rate: “They’re practically paying me to play!”. You shouldn’t need a caddy, though having one on Dunes would help more than LostFarm because it is, from memory, hillier, has more blind shots etc. 90 holes is a lot in 2.5 days. I’d do:

• Day 1: Fly in, have lunch at one of the lovely vineyards on the way from Launceston and play LF in the afternoon;
  • Day 2: Play Dunes x2;
  • Day 3: Play Bougle run and then fly out.

Finally got round to pulling the trigger at Craft Golf @wilbur.kay :call_me_hand:

1 Like

Welcome to a slippery slope of convenient NLU merch purchases. @wilbur.kay is a bad man.

Just receiver my Levelwear hoody and scorecard holder today

2 Likes

I thank you both for your service, and I apologize for nothing.

You will love that light weight hoodie nearly as much as my wife who has taken mine… can definitely see why Soly plays every round in one.

2 Likes

Did this about a month ago, but add on LF before playing Bougle Run before leaving. Only thing I would change is trying to squeeze BR in after LF on that first day. Other than that it was more than enough golf, but not rushed in any way.

1 Like

You’re not wrong mate, I’ve been wearing a pretty solid golf hoodie from Adidas but the Levelwear is already going to replace it in the rotation

Going to be away for 3 months as of May 8th… Europe & the States for wife’s work and to see family. I’m going to have a disconcerting amount of NLU gear with me I think. And probably return with even more, haha.

1 Like

It is so good for so many things. Clearly not your fault at all.

As an aside, if you guys read Aus Golf Digest, what sort of equipment articles are missing? Looking to make a couple of pitches…

1 Like

Once I recover from my grand prix spending I’ll have to grab one of the hoodies.

I bought a couple of lightweight ones from Connor a few years ago, misplaced one last year and haven’t found a similar one anywhere since.

1 Like

Sorry, meant to respond to this y’day… don’t read AGD so can’t really help, but guessing you’ll be preaching the blade/retro club angle.

1 Like

Easier to play Bougle Run on the same day as Lost Farm given their proximity. Flying in, playing Dunes and then bussing/driving to Bougle Run for 14 holes may be a stretch in June, perhaps it depends on where you are staying as well.

That was the inspiration to contact them when they included a similar article on old clubs last month. I am a sucker for an old blade, and the Titleist 962b irons I found last month will be in the bag for a long time… (or at least until I can find the TaylorMade TP combo irons I have all the notifications setup for…)

1 Like

Definitely something to be said for playing some rounds with blades and persimmons… gives a very different perspective on some of my most played courses

1 Like

Not blades, but Ping Eye2 Becu around Bougle run last time was great fun.
was pretty sweet

3 Likes

Anything like this?

1 Like

Those definitely make me feel something