The Down Under thread - ANZAC adjacent

I dont follow the YOTB stuff at all, being a terrible golfer…so what is with the goose and the Hjonk?

I believe this meme was the genesis of it

And as with everything Refuge, it’s now taken on a life of it’s own and, of course, spawned merch.

3 Likes

Oh god I have way too many hats as it is but I could definitely be tempted, I have some of the Hjonk ball markers already! I’ll have a look this weekend and see if I can justify it :joy:

1 Like

Any insights on here as to where good golf grips are available at a decent price? Perhaps my perspective on what the cost should be is completely unreasonable but starting from $20+ per grip feels hefty.

2 Likes

I was pretty shocked when I last changed grips.

Short of buying grips online and doing it yourself, ~$20 per grip is a pretty consistent price and you won’t get much less than that buying them yourself online!

Such a hustle for a bit of rubber…

1 Like

Is that possible?

1 Like

Was thinking of doing it myself but online there doesn’t appear to be a great saving. Might as well just pay the extra and save myself the hassle.

1 Like

The first set isn’t much cheaper at all, so unless you are doing multiple sets, I would get someone else to do it.

I was a couple of clicks away from buying a re-grip station on ebay which would have seen precisely zero regrips, so I am glad I didn’t waste that money. (Not to say I won’t in the future…)

2 Likes

Hi,

I’ve just relocated back to Sydney from London and looking to trade in the RACDG for the ANZAC Roost! Any details on that front (or the potential Tassie trip in 2024)?

Looking forward to getting involved and if anyone is interested in a round let me know (the clubs are still nerverackingly in transit but never too early to start).

Jackson

1 Like

Welcome back mate. I think there was still a fair bit of enthusiasm for a Tassie trip so fingers crossed.

Where did you settle down? Had a chance to play any golf yet?

Welcome home!

No signs of a Roost yet, mainly due to geographical challenges & getting folks together. Tassie is hopefully on the cards for next autumn (April-May time), though I guess we should probably start efforting that a bit more soon.

What took you over to the Old Dart?

@wilbur.kay fits like a glove :joy:

3 Likes

That is a crispy logo. They’ve done well there.

The logo is a bit bigger on this generation of caps than it will be in the final version, so when you see these ones on the links, you can give a knowing nod that you were in the first batch of caps!

We had a ‘situation’ with the patch caps out of Imperial arriving without eyes on the embroidery, so they have been delayed. Real shame, as the caps are awesome…

Thanks for the support and glad it fits well. The Structured Performance caps are great

2 Likes

Thanks mate - great news.

I’ll likely be Sydney CBD-adjacent in the short-term and then aim to be based near wherever I find a short waitlist for membership!

Thanks mate!

I went over for work / travel and over the last couple of years to switch out as much of the former for golf as I possibly could (although there are some in the UK Roost that put my numbers to shame).

1 Like

Yep, i’m in a couple of the RACDG WhatsApp groups and it’s wild to see how much some of them get to play. Living the dream, in that respect.

We’ve had a couple of Refugees at Bonnie Doon over your way, not sure what the waitlist/membership stuff looks like but the course looks great.

Unfortunately I can’t help on the club membership front, my $300/year public track probably isn’t what you’re after!

If you’re ever keen for a round give us a shout, be fun to tee it up sometime

Sounds good - I have that one on the list to test out the Aussie sand belt (at least until I can head south)!

1 Like

Will do - and that works for me as I am a GolfNow HotDeals connoisuer! I used to play out of Gerringong so have only played a couple in Sydney.