The Down Under thread - ANZAC adjacent

The goat. Oh, how I have missed thee!

1 Like

They actually came from one of the Craft Golf customers who put them online so I did a contra for a couple of NLU caps for the headcovers! I am now getting the cobra irons reshafted with matching BB&F Co ferrules to properly complete the set

1 Like

Seasonal goodness right there.

@mike_caridi might be able to make some other solid Christmas platter suggestionsā€¦

1 Like

Haha. Yes, my picks from our stable are King Island Smoked Cheddar, Roaring Forties Blue and a Three rivers Triple Cream Brie. They will be consumed heavily when I shoot down next week for two days on KI to play Wickham and OD.

PS. If you like JalapeƱo out Mersey Valley Cheddar is a ripper.

2 Likes

Love the king island dairy, especially the roaring forties.

3 Likes

Iā€™ve booked a trip from 19th to 27th of Feb - keen to play the Cut but also have reciprocals with Lake Karrinyup

1 Like

Lucky boy; never played it but have heard great things & probably the hardest course to get on to. Also not played the Cut (yet) but if you have any issues getting on there and are down that way, have a look at the Links at Kennedy Bay. Havenā€™t played in a while & undergoing renovations (down to 9 holes currently), but great course. Meadow Springs down in Mandurah also close to the Cut.

Lemme know if you need any help/recommendations for your trip & iā€™ll see what I can do :ok_hand:

As far as Iā€™m aware I can take guests so let me know if youā€™re keen for a round !

1 Like

Fuck yeah! Let me know when you have dates arranged & iā€™ll try get something sorted. Appreciate it :raised_hands:

1 Like

Whats the latest news re Te Arai and Tieke Estate?

Both look insanely cool! I think Tieke is either open or will be very shortly to anyone in NZ. Te Arai South will open in October next year, not sure on the North Course but I think Iā€™ve read somewhere that it will be sometime in 2023.

Feels like weā€™re in a bit of a boom time right now for great courses being built on this side of the world! So exciting

1 Like

I have a plan for November. Hope it comes off.

1 Like

Santa knows!

5 Likes

Maybe move to NZ. Isnt it kinda like Canada, but warmer?

1 Like

Great hat, it quickly replaced every other hat in my rotationā€¦ Merry Christmas!

2 Likes

Does anyone have a top 20 north island course list?

Yep I think this is the one I saw.

1-20: Tara Iti
21- Everything else

Genuinely though looks to be a lot of good golf on the North Island but it can be pretty spaced out geographically. Iā€™m planning a trip there myself, was supposed to be April this year but likely pushed back a year till April 2023 now.

I think if you get the chance to play Tara Iti and Te Arai South they will be a must and then Titirangi, Paraparaumu Beach and Tieke look pretty sick as well. Donā€™t think youā€™d go wrong with the 2 big resorts either (Kidnappers and Kauri Cliffs).

Iā€™m sure some Kiwi locals will give you the inside track on the hidden gems though

1 Like

Curious as to the best ten on the north island.

All over poms a joke

4 Likes

Hi everyone,

The next order is about to go in to the US, so please let me know what you would like to land in AUS in the next week or two and I will make sure it comes across. I can vouch for the Ward jumpers (like this) and will definitely grab a couple.
They have added some amazing items lately and I am keen to go fairly deep on the good ones for everyone so you can get your items locally and easily, so donā€™t be shy with your requests.

#getinvolved

3 Likes