The Down Under thread - ANZAC adjacent

Having not been before I’m likely to err on the side of “play as much as physically possible and deal with the consequences later” as opposed to anything remotely sensible

3 Likes

Totally agree with the above! I took advantage of a weather window in Sept and got across in Sept (working fifo has its advantages for travel when borders are open). Flew into Hobart and played Bougle Run that arvo. Played twice @ Lost Farm and attempted to do the same at Dunes, the next day. However, burst blisters stopped me 12 holes short. But making a birdie on 7 was a good way to finish the trip!

1 Like

Update:

1. Sandringham is excellent.

2. The wooden woods were actually pretty good. I drove the left hand bunkers on 18 with the three-wood.

7 Likes

I’m all in on all of the above

1 Like

I’ve already started positioning the idea with the wife…

1 Like

Smart.

I found a cheap set of the BeCu Ping Eye 2 irons and have been going down the vintage golf rabbit hole ever since. Bought a set of Ping Zing woods which are absolute artworks, and get the ball out there far enough to play some fun golf rounds.

PingZings2

8 Likes

Everyone feel free to head over to WA from Feb 5 onwards, the Iron Curtain is coming down! Will probably still be hot AF but would love to have some interstate Refugees/Nesticles over for a round.

3 Likes

Booked for March, stupid cheap Virgin flights…lets see if Omicron or whatever variant can fork it up for us. Plan is;

• Fly in Friday morning, Lost Farm and Bougle Run
  • All day Sat Barny Dunes
  • Lost Farm on Sunday morning to catch a 3:30pm flight

More than enough golf in that three days…golf ball stocks could take quite the hit though!

5 Likes

Sounds like you’re packing in as much as possible mate. Very jealous, we’re starting to try and reorganise our trip for sometime in the first half of the next year.

Can’t wait to actually get out there!

3 Likes

Trip sounds great. I was up there a couple of weekends ago. Brilliant as always. Managed to lose more balls on the bougle run than the other courses, maybe even combined. Might say something about the wedge game.
Pretty cruisey playing Lost Farm and Run on day 1 then Dunes day 2. Quite a few beers also. Did sleep well Sunday night.

4 Likes

Start em early!

6 Likes

Nicely done! Where you playing?

Cheers mate. Drouin GCC (member there), don’t mind the bare patches that’s between Tee and green on a par 3. It’s in ripper condition atm finally after a wet winter

Just having a bit of a stalk and looks nice, although I’m a bit bloody concerned about this!

Not sure a 467m par 4 qualifies as a gentle handshake to open up though! That has to be a typo, right?

1 Like

Haha that would be a brute to kick things off. They mustn’t have updated the website yet. The 1st your seeing here used to be a par 5. We lost the 1st n 2nd to housing development. Now the old 3rd is our 1st a par 4 and on bottom left of photo the dam was filled in, a much larger one built and 2 new holes constructed now the 2nd and 3rd then the course continues as it was from the 4th

1 Like

Absolutely keen for some golf. Barny trip is never a bad idea.

@MatthewM

2 Likes

“Players wanting to reach green in two shots…” plus OB left

Danger Will Robinson

1 Like

Been off here the last week or so, but…

Some more shots from our first week on site at @7milegolf since July courtesy of @LukasJMichel. pic.twitter.com/jPOF7UCtd3

— Clayton, DeVries & Pont (@cdpgolf1) December 19, 2021

3 Likes

Those headcovers should come with a NSFW warning

1 Like