The Donnybrook: Airports, Parties, Golf. Let's Gooooooo

What @Double_Bogey_Dave said. Early evening. 6ish

7 Likes

Might not be a bad idea to line up something for dinner that night too.

1 Like

The play has gotta be roll straight to pinehurst brewing right?

ive heard the food is solid, and i play better a bit the worse for wear

2 Likes

food is solid, but the chef recently passed away

RIP chef warren

3 Likes

Just a quick google search found a sushi spot that sells uni for only $3 just down the road.

Seems a little too good to be true…

If I was going by myself with nothing on the line, I would totally roll the dice…

1 Like

Reservation at the resort and flights to Raleigh are booked! Flight doesn’t arrive to noon so I wouldn’t be able to make a Thursday tee time at Tobacco Road. Anyone interested in a Sunday morning round?

2 Likes

Flights booked and spreadsheet updated.

I like the MP/SP option for Sunday morning before I head to the airport if there’s a way to shower at the course after. If not, I’ll play somewhere at the resort and shower at the clubhouse since I know that move well.

8 Likes

I know SPGC has showers but I cant speak to their cleanliness. MP has a big locker room but I’ve never seen their showers. I’ll scope it out this weekend

1 Like

I am sure the C-Suite can provide some context as to the shower quality. On a scale of Flushing Meadows Pitch n Putt to Bears Club who’s to say where it ranks.

4 Likes

I think MP has two from what I remember, but could be just a single shower. Nothing fancy but more than usable.

1 Like

This is the kind of info I need, tyfys. I, for one, will always roll the dice.

+1 me, my gui!

2 Likes

@davidc I’m game if you are.

Open invite to anyone else who wants to take the plunge.

https://kungfurestaurantnc.com/

1 Like

Ok that place looks GREAT. Worried at the lack of saki options on the website, so we might have to bring our own (in a thermos of course, its hot).

3 Likes

The Mid Pines showers can only be described as a tough scene. Looks like a closet, door can’t be opened fully because of a cabinet in the way, the light was burned out so one of our group had to prop his phone on the bar for light.

The shower at Pine Needles was very nice, I’d drive across the street and use theirs

3 Likes

Perfect. Thanks!

1 Like

For those who are unaware, this is from @Tron’s post in the 2020 event schedule thread.

Looks like we will have 2 NIT spots up for grabs.

@djpie @Randy @MerchCzar

What course would the stableford game take place at?

4 Likes

I’m praying #2 so the ejection is real, but the cradle would be a rollercoaster.

4 Likes

the cradle would be a rollercoaster.

Yes Please

Though i’m very very excited to have 54 putts on #2

2 Likes

To all Donnybrook registrants (and alternates):

I regret to inform you that yesterday I was relieved of my primary (and only) source of income. Out of an excess of abundance of caution to my financial standing, I will be relinquishing my position in this fine event. One day I will participate in a NLU/nest organized event, unfortunately this one wasn’t meant to be.

I wish you great people the best. My wife got approved to be remote full time, so honestly by the time October rolls around I may have already moved to Pinehurst to caddy full time. More to come on another thread somewhere.

Warm regards,

@Ty.Webb

27 Likes

Very sorry to hear this. Praying for you to land on you feet quickly. Good luck.

1 Like