The Donnybrook: Airports, Parties, Golf. Let's Gooooooo

Looking for someone to split a room

Let’s go!!!

1 Like

Made the cut, so pumped!

2 Likes

Guise I told my wife I got in and she was actually receptive to the idea.

giphy (15)

I hitched my wagon to Harry the lurker, but if he didn’t get in or wants to room with someone cooler, I’ll be driving in from Indy. I couldn’t be more excited. First Pinehurst trip ever and it’ll be with a DIESEL squad.

4 Likes

Never been to pinehurst before so so excited to be able to experience it with this group! Looking to split a room as well.

2 Likes

See you guys and gals at the Donnybrook! I’ll be coming up from Greenville, SC and looking for a bunk mate…preferably Covid-free but beggars can’t be choosers!

2 Likes

I’m in Gvl too. Not doing this event but let’s tee it up otherwise. Have fun.

1 Like

Anyone want to try and play Tobacco Road on Thursday?

5 Likes

for sure.

100% yes please!

1 Like

I’m all for it I can make a 10:30 or later time driving down from DC. Could also do TR on the way up on Sunday

1 Like

Definitely in for TR on Thursday. Also @Hwhite and I are talking about maybe either Southern Pines or Mid Pines on Sunday morning before departure.

9 Likes

Exact additions and timeline I was considering. Things are shaping up real nicely.

3 Likes

If y’all want to put your info down this can help us coordinate and I will also start a Whatsapp thread for us to communicate.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10Qm3tHisDsH31LVHKejI4KWheeJ1gNbMRGki772W7J0/edit?usp=sharing

7 Likes

This will be my first “real” golf trip and it being at Pinehurst with this group is going to be sick! Probably won’t be back in the area for a long time so definitely looking to play some other courses Thursday/Sunday.

4 Likes

For anybody on the eastern seaboard who didn’t get a sign-up for the Donnybrook or didn’t put in for it, keep your eyes peeled for a dumb event in the mid-atlantic around the same time. The idea is that we’ll have a persimmons and blades event at an underloved golden age course, but everyone will be welcome to register and come on down (or up). We’ll hopefully also have some classic clubs on-hand for folks to try out if they don’t have a set.

No idea if it will be NIT or whatever, but it will definitely scratch the Refuge Meetup itch.

5 Likes

Ooooh boy! We like that!

Anybody need a roomie and/or a ride from Raleigh?

Ay-o, need to give up my space unfortunately. Super bummed, but hope someone else can enjoy it in my place.

@MerchCzar just came across this yesterday. Any chance I can jump on the wait list? Gracias

@MerchCzar @djpie @Randy About what time Thursday should we be planning on doing drinks. We are trying to schedule golf that day and don’t want to miss out on any shenanigans.

Also if y’all want to join the whatsap let me know and I will add y’all.

4 Likes

Last year it was around 6, so I’d try to tee off no later than noon or so to allow check in, shower, etc.

4 Likes