The Darkroom: general photography posts and discussion

Keep us updated on the journey!

1 Like

Epic. Enjoy the new setup

Am I crazy for wanting to sell my Sony a6400 + lenses to get into Fuji…?

1 Like

My last camera was used for B+W print and a nikon from the 80s. Hadn’t held a camera (and wasn’t super hardcore into it admittedly) for 16 years when I started to get back into it recently and discovered this whole brave new world of mirrorless. I legit gasped when I saw how small it was irl (that’s what she said?)

2 Likes

Appreciate you! I’ll do some digging

1 Like

14 Likes

Lightroom over Photoshop for more basic photo editing. Photoshop is better for color correcting/reshaping subjects/etc

2 Likes

Inject this into my veins.

Highschool photography is the reason for my expensive hobbies to this day.
Sports, Cars, Camera Equipment.

9 Likes

Lightroom is the quintessential photo editor. The current updates they’ve made to it have almost beat Photoshop out of relevance when it comes to photo editing.

Also… less is more, and all that artsy crap.

5 Likes

My kids first birthday, just love this photo.

24 Likes

After using Canon for many years, a 40D which was stolen and a 6D which I lost, I moved foolishly on to a Leica M9. I don’t think I took a nice shot with that camera. I just couldn’t get along with the range finder.

I now use a Fuji XT3 with the 18-55 f2.8 and the 90 mm f2 lenses. I have a fringer attachment so that I can also use my old Canon 70-200 f4 and other lenses.

For underwater stuff I use an old canon 500d in a sea and sea housing I bought cheap off the bay. I can’t remember the lenses I use with it but there is a fisheye amongst them.

Here are a few from Notting Hill Carnival this year:

10 Likes

well this thread will quickly turn into one of my favourites…I love some photography, but just don’t do a lot of it.

Will try and rock through my camera roll (i’m a phone shooter) and upload some of the favourites I have grabbed.

Some will be golf-adjacent, some not…

3 Likes

Some iphone fun

8 Likes

Quick blitz through has revealed these.

15 Likes

and then these…same subject, different perspectives. LIked both iterations. The glasses just seemed to be forgotten, so thought it would be cool to try and snap a photo through them. Couldn’t get exactly what I was hunting for, but still pretty happy with the results

10 Likes

Some of my favorites. Some phone, drone, DSLR

Would love to get better and start shooting more

10 Likes

I needed this thread. I’d been debating getting back into the photography game. Took a couple classes in HS, was the photo editor/primary photographer of the yearbook in the late 80s (developed all my own film and prints), but can’t remember a single thing I learned. Dabbled along until about 10 years ago and then just moved to my phone. Nonethless, I dug out the old D5100 last night and threw the battery on the charger and am ready to go. Will probably start up again this weekend with some shooting at the kids’ basketball games and see if the equipment (Nikkor 55-200) can get the job done.

3 Likes

Some black and white experiments.

My late grandparents, a party on my street, my eldest and New York City. For perfect light for portraits, have your subject stand in a doorway and slowly move them into the light until they are perfectly lit with a dark background

11 Likes

Holy cow. Great shots!

2 Likes

Thanks. Regarding the NYC pic, I was inspired by Berenice Abbott’s photograph “Nightview, New York”

https://www.metmuseum.org/art/collection/search/259570