The Butter Cow - Aug 9-10, 2024 - GPGC Major/NIT Q

Just checking in to see about the lodging situation. Anyone doing an AirBnb or should I look for a hotel in the Des Moines area?

1 Like

I’m down to split an AirBnB with people. Plz use @ThatGolfPunk as a reference for my AirBnB roommate potential.

Sorry, to clarify, it’s $40 to register but do have further cost breakdown of the event? With this cross country move, gotta make sure to stay within budget.

3 Likes

I am also confused. I signed up on the sheet and I think I signed up through Unknown Golf, but I never got a confirmation or paid anyone. I am not in a roost if that makes a difference. I just want to play golf and shower the women of East Des Moines with free beer.

5 Likes

Can confirm that @jsauce is a gem of a roommate.

3 Likes

Stay tuned.

Plan on diving into things this weekend with costs and unknown golf registrations. After 2 weeks in scotland and 2 weeks to cram work together this week before baby comes Im a little behind.

Costs wont be extensive though. 3 rounds all minimal and F & B at your discretion. (Can get pricey depending on how many showers youre providing those dirty east des moines women :crazy_face:)

4 Likes

They don’t have spreadsheets in Scotland?

2 Likes

They do butbthe Ales and Guiness made it hard to read.

2 Likes

Cost estimates

-Registration (includes merch): $40
-Coldwater w/ cart: $55
-Veenker w/ cart: $54 (could be cheaper if FAC special active)
-Waveland w/ cart: $54
-Charity Flag donation: $10 (chance to win NLU giftcard)
-State Fair ticket: $13ish, discounts pop up week of.
-F&B: $25-200 depending on how much fried goodness and cold beers you want.
-Chance to go to NIT: Priceless

If youd like to walk just subtract $17 off each round. Coldwater is not a bad walk unless hot and humid. Veenker and Waveland are great workouts walking. Helps justify everything you throw in your body at the fair though :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

11 Likes

You heard it here folks, @Sweet_Cupn_Cake is doing his best @ZachR impersonation and walking Veenker & Waveland!

4 Likes

He crushed it in Scotland with only 3-4 knee give outs per round. I’ll go barefoot again just for you

5 Likes

Are you saying @Sweet_Cupn_Cake needs to play in one of those knee braces that the offensive linemen wear?

2 Likes

We walked over 120 miles in Scotland. Think I can handle it. Although this event may be my 1st round in 2 months. Little man showed up today. :grin:

24 Likes

Did you name him Alister or Mackenzie? We get it, you’ve played Cypress

4 Likes

Congratu-fucking-lations, man!

1 Like

Should have :crazy_face:.

1 Like

Am I going to personalize my Butter Cow 2024 t-shirt & print “I USED TO BE A 6 TOO” on the back? Who can say?

8 Likes

If we go with the political butter cow logo, maybe we should change the golf club to a cane or a walker

7 Likes

Dont make me try to be anymore artsy than I already am not :grin:.

Also it would be funny to include hdcp on the back like a name on a jersey :crazy_face:

2 Likes

Isn’t that what PGA Junior League already does?

6 Likes

Refuge handle for name. Hdcp for # :crazy_face:

1 Like