The Butter Cow - Aug 9-10, 2024 - GPGC Major/NIT Q

The internationally acclaimed Butter Cow is the single largest Roost event in the state of Iowa and one of the oldest and largest Strapped redux (other than Peoria :grin:). Annually attracting more than dozens of people from all over the midwest and Montana. The Butter Cow in Des Moines/Ames is Iowa’s great celebration, a salute to the state’s best cheap golf.

*totally not stolen from state fair website.

Come one and all and join us for our 3rd year of retracing our beloved @MerchCzar @Randy @djpie steps while competing for a spot in THE NIT.

After the golf is settled throw on some jorts, heavy metal tank top, flip flops, and sunnies and enjoy the majesty of fried food and coooooold beers at The Iowa State Fair

Below is an interest form to gather some basic info. Once I know 2024 costs Ill update this post.

Brought to you by:
@GreatPlainsGC @ThatGolfPunk @ZachR

21 Likes

Many are saying this is a must attend

6 Likes

Who wouldn’t say yes to these bad boys.

14 Likes

Strong maybe.

2 Likes

Nice to have another thing to look forward to as I sit here at home on the 5th snow day of the month.

6 Likes

Winter is slow for me for work. Im already workshopping so many ideas. Playing with the politics that this years state fair will bring. Im digging a bumper sticker idea. Just need to find the right design/style. Got these so far :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

How about Icarito/Big 2024 - Make America Strapped Again?

11 Likes

I immediately see how that could be misunderstood - but a GREAT t shirt for the state fair…

5 Likes

Love it, with some workshopping haha

1 Like

Make golf strapped again
Make golf cheap again
Shrink the game

Theres an answer out there. The strapped ticket certainly wants term/costs limits :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

4 Likes

7 Likes

Hate having to miss this again.

Same weekend as M/G

My loss!

4 Likes

Is it frowned upon to fill out the form if I’m tentatively able to go?

2 Likes

If its a greater chance than Lexi joining LIV (8%). Fill out the form :+1::+1:

3 Likes

Done

3 Likes

Hopeful I can come over and play. Some of it depends on back to school timing.

1 Like

this is growing more and more unacceptable as the calendar turns… again.

2 Likes

Time to get on the board and change the date. :grin:

2 Likes

Man - what kind of sicko flies from Montana to Iowa to play golf??

8 Likes