The Butter Cow - Aug 9-10, 2024 - GPGC Major/NIT Q

Someone got mad your dad was setting records before those trees were planted

1 Like

Did they get the GPS units put on the new carts at Waveland yet, @Sweet_Cupn_Cake?

Not sure. Walked.

3 Likes

Great walk imo

1 Like

Copy paste insta post. Dont forget to save the date on your calendar.

10 Likes

Hey all - reader of the refuge from time to time but don’t post. Live in the DSM area and a pal of @BadBrad. Planning to play all three days and am trying to also bring three non current Refuge members as well. Looking forward to playing with yall again.

Cheers to breaking 100

10 Likes

I don’t know him. Jk

5 Likes

Awesome!! Welcome.

1 Like

With my move from WNY to KS derailing my participation at 2 other Refuge events, I really want to be int he Butter Cow field. Are there still spots available?

6 Likes

I love the fact that in this picture @ThatGolfPunk is making the same face he makes when we play together and I’m rattling off my best dad jokes.

3 Likes

…or after I three putt my third GIR on the front 9.

4 Likes

Or after i remind him about every blind shot at Waveland…

3 Likes

Oh ya. Throw your name on the spreadsheet. I should probably discuss how Unknown golf works with our esteemed captain @scagnetti for full registration. Guessing thatll go live in next few weeks. This is sneaking up on me this year 81 days.

2 Likes

starting June 1, any one and everyone can sign up using this link:

https://ukg.golf/q?ac=pyW5nRW0

You will have to answer a questionnaire with responses like, “Yes” and “Only Veenker” and “XL” and “Bud Tent Blowout”; and, then and only then, will you get ‘Waitlisted’.

From there, to complete your registration, you must pay the event fee to the Great Plains Golf Club paypal account. The event fee is $40 to cover cost of trophy, merch, tee gifts, and our charitable contributions.

Again, starting June 1st, players can register.

9 Likes

Are we still doing the wild speculation thing? Because based on those answers, i can only assume the questions will be (respectively):

1. During the 2024 Butter Cow, do you solemnly pledge to not hit your balls into chain link fences, onto heavily used public streets, or into areas of high headstone concentration?
  2. Which courses during the 2024 Butter Cow will you be playing barefoot?
  3. Using an abbreviation, what is your favorite Microsoft Office Suite product?
  4. What is a synonym for “Yuengling Yurt Extravaganza”?

Time will tell, but i gotta be close. Right?

3 Likes

2 more days til registration!

With the election and caddidates hitting the fair were having a bit of that theme this year.

15 Likes

For those of us not in the Great Plains Roost, what is this handle?

1 Like

Love the logo and would like some merch even if I can’t make it

1 Like

Love this question. Great question!

1 Like