Sweetens SuperRegional (Sept 12 & 13: Registration is LIVE. Info below)

Hotel booked. :crossed_fingers:t2:

2 Likes

Certainly don’t want to dissuade anyone, but to say I’ve heard mixed reviews would be overselling the place. Have a few acquaintances who have played it (one who plays professionally and is one of the few I’d trust about architecture out there) and they said all sizzle no steak. Three or four spectacular cliffside holes, a few solid holes on the plateau, and then a lot of blandness. Bergin and Rees seem like strange bedfellows, so that collaboration has seemed odd from the start. Need to go see it for myself.

I would highly recommend Black Creek, Sewanee, and/or Lookout.

3 Likes

If that gets cancelled or if we all get in I might be interested

2 Likes

What hotels or places to stay do u recommend?

Prob gonna have to fly into Nashville from iah if get through lottery

I often think your wife must be the most understanding person in the world. She’s a keeper!

1 Like

“Hey babe, can I spend $700 not including lodging and airfare to play golf at one of the coolest courses in the world with my internet friends? Oh yeah it’s over our anniversary.”

“Sure, just send me your new address and I’ll mail you the divorce papers :kissing_heart:

12 Likes

There’s a Hampton Inn located in Kimball which looks to be about two miles away.

We’d have a better chance of getting on at Olympic :grimacing:

2 Likes

You got any extra beds?

I’m with you. Lodging deals seemed good. Would never recommend a Rees Jones over a King-Collins or a Gil Hanse…hell, even a Brian Silva, but the lodging is cheap and 5 star and good for an early Friday round. Heck, if you want to go tee it up at Lookout Thursday, I’m down!

Just note, that sub $100 price does not include the golf…

Said fuck it and enter into the lottery without even discussing with the wife figured that would be a bridge to cross at a later date. Fingers crossed I get picked in the lottery as facing her wrath would be worth it to play with some of you guis (especially you @BaxterMSP since your spot is already “locked up”)

1 Like

Sorry…was just doing some light reading.

You made the right choice sir. All of us married men know it’s simply a matter of timing. “What’s that dear? The kids have been great today and you’re in a really good mood? Boy do I have a surprise for you!”

5 Likes

Ouch

1 Like

Waiting until last night while having dinner at the club with her parents as well to break the news to her that my parents would be coming up today for Father’s Day and staying till Monday.

Now just have to find a good time (maybe when she’s half asleep) to drop the news that I’ll be doing this

3 Likes

I mean which anniversary are we talking about?
:slight_smile:

Asking the real questions right here if it’s not on of the first 3 or ending in a 5 or 0 you’re good

2 Likes

@BaxterMSP trying to rent a house or something? Is AirBnB still a thing?

Yep looks like that’s the best bet

Yeah, potentially. I’ve reserved a hotel room already as a back up but in deep AirBNB negotiations with @anon24718094 should we get in. Sorry, when we get in…

Not booking anything before the lotto though as some places can whack you with a cancellation fee.

2 Likes