Sweetens SuperRegional (Sept 12 & 13: Registration is LIVE. Info below)

Posted this in 2020 events schedule thread but figured I’d start a new one

Sweetens SuperRegional will be September 12th & 13th, with a welcome party on the Friday night (September 11th, tough scene date-wise). Cost will be in the $600-700 range (still working out some F&B details).

Aiming to have Sweetens SuperRegional registration this Friday, June 19th. Will be Nest members only, and since demand is going to outstrip the number of spots we’re able to offer (since it’s only a nine-hole course it’ll be 55-60 spots) we’ll enter everyone who signs up on Friday into a lottery and decide the spots randomly and have the field announced next Monday. This feels like the only fair way to do this 2020 due to the lack of regional events we were able to plan due to COVID. With more SuperRegionals in 2021(plus another year under our belts) this shouldn’t be as much of an issue.

Registration will be through Golf Genius. More to come. Thanks for your patience! -TC

28 Likes

Dibs on a spot…

4 Likes

I hear they are giving out smathers and branson belts as tournament swag for this qualifier.

8 Likes

If this was true I don’t care whether or not I was selected in the lottery…I’m 100% showing up for this fucker and refusing to leave until I get my belt.

17 Likes

@BaxterMSP at the welcome party…

6 Likes

What was the name of that dumb ass book where if you wanted something you had to “wish it into existence”? The Secret?

Well guess what…I’m all in on The Secret when it comes to the Sweetens tournament.

Am I currently looking at flights? Maybe.
Did I already reserve a hotel room from 9/11-9/14? Bet your ass I did.
Will I be flying in super early that Friday and attempting to play Lookout Mountain? Yep.
Will I fly out late that Monday so I can play Black Creek in the AM? God damn right.

Get ready @Tron because that Friday night welcome event is going to be like

15 Likes

Damn, out for this year at that price point, just don’t have enough in reserve.

If you do one the same weekend next year, it will still fall on my birthday and maybe I’ll have a job by then…

Have fun boys and girls!

1 Like

It’s Friday @Tron

4 Likes

Registration will be open later in the morning. Also plan to keep it open for 3-4 days to give ample time to message it to Nest Members. Figure if it’s a lottery anyway then no need to keep it isolated to today.

Also, please be advised that it’ll be restricted to people who were Nest members before today.

6 Likes

Thanks for the info, just doing some research this morning:

S/O @anon47037505

8 Likes

Mr Carter sir, once submissions are complete when do you think you think you’ll draw the winners names?

Looking like Monday night!

2 Likes

Say someone is outside the lottery cut line, will there be an alternate list of sorts in case someone can’t make it anymore?

2 Likes

If there’s not a live Zoom of the drawing what are we even doing here?

3 Likes

Yes.

3 Likes

I meant to join the Nest yesterday, but got sidetracked before finishing the form. Completed registration this morning… Am I out of luck? Totally understand if so, but thought I’d ask.

Question for the masses, are you only entering in to the lottery if you know you can go? Or are you possibly entering the lottery in hopes of winning and then planning the trip?

1 Like

I’m entering, if I win then I’ll schedule.

2 Likes

One of my best friends and I are both entering and hoping to both get picked that way we can travel plan together. Sounds romantic doesnt it @Stelske

3 Likes

I’ve been wanting to get up there, this sounds like an awesome way to do so.

1 Like