Steeplechase III at Jeffersonville GC (Norristown, PA) - July 15th, 2023

Happy steeplechase week guis!

8 Likes

This thread is starting to lack a little pop guys, weā€™re only five days away!!

Time to start getting everyone excited about possibly taking home one of these beauties, which are currently en routeā€¦

As for some raffle items, weā€™ve got a little something for everyone. The poorly hydrated?

The player with some mental blocks on the course?

The player who just really wants to rep one of the finest public courses in the area?

In case youā€™re a little new to the platform, Unknown also supports multiple side games during the round and weā€™re currently sitting woefully short with only a Nassau between @Flex and @Tibbs on the deck. If you need help setting something up, let me know!

As of right now, weā€™re sitting pretty solid at 43 players, but we still hold reservations for 48. If you have someone in mind that would like to play, please send them our way. Everyone on the active roster has paid, so thank you all incredibly much for that. Iā€™m going to start breaking things down into tee times and flights this afternoon so I can start printing off everything.

As always, if you have any questions or comments, fire them my way!

13 Likes

Iā€™m driving up from Bethany Beach and am so ready for this. Played in 2021 but missed last year. Course is great and you guys are a fun hang.

2 Likes

Had a great time playing with you a couple years ago! Looking forward to seeing you here again.

1 Like

This is excellent and canā€™t wait to get out there. @dornoch26 knows I used up alllll my bad luck last weekend at turtle creek.

2 Likes

A lot of storylines heading into Steeplechase as the @ElectricPhactory finalizes their Northeast Regional Team. It is a free for all 8 for 4 net quota battle.

Do the reigning world champions earn the spot to repeat, @Tibbs @dornoch26 @bobbyt990 @Flex ? Does the Captain @MikeRevak take command of his ship? Does @the.marc.christopher become Queen City Marc and start new controversy dabbling in multiple roosts? Can the the Crowe man @Andrew0914 sneak in with new blood? Can @bhooveme make the 3 footers or will 4 putts at The Jef do him in again?

Who ya got?

8 Likes

Really interested to see if a Philly Roost Member can finally take down their home major. Home Game Models are off the charts for this one.

5 Likes

I am just excited to finally get in the mix at J-ville. Missed out the past two years. The place looks awesome.

3 Likes

Hoping for some of the Jeffy swag or a Yeti and expecting to be a unanimous selection for a book. Excited to meet yā€™all!

2 Likes

Idk why I didnā€™t think an NIT spot was up for grabs here. Sick.

1 Like

If thereā€™s any interest in a duck race for the 4 spots Iā€™m willing to coordinate. Obviously participation is optional but open to all participants (not just the 8).

Iā€™m thinking $5/duck, buy as many as youā€™d like, top 8 ducks get to choose from the 8 competitors vying for 4 regional team spots (1st place gets first pick, etc). Total pot will be split 50% to our chosen charity (Philabundance) and 50% split between the winning team ā€œownersā€.

If itā€™s just the 8 of us we can figure some other side bet, but if i get more than 8 likes Iā€™ll set up something for Friday afternoon.

1 Like

In for a duck

Man does me dirty like that!

2 Likes

Shots fired

4 Likes

@Flex is going to be sad when I drop a bomb on 18 to beat him by 1 point and take the last spot!

6 Likes

Hammer one off the flagstick and it happens to drop sounds more believable

1 Like

Just rented a compact vehicle that gets responsible gas mileage, we like that nowadays. Looking forward to seeing all yā€™all. Please keep your eyes peeled for these in the rough.

10 Likes

After a lot of deep research and mediation I feel comfortable presenting the Blurred Vision Fund Power Rankings

1. Tibbs- dominant all season and the game is #trending, feels like a lock he will be on the squad in late July

2. Hoover- If he continues to hit 85% of his fairways like Allisen Corpuz, putting might not matter while he plays bully ball around the Jef

3. Kiaran - hasnā€™t been in the best form this season, but itā€™s playoff time and Killer K is ready to buck his head

4. Flex- Searching for most the year he started to find the game before Scotland. A week by the sea in 40mph winds will either soothe the soul or leave him scarred

5. Marc- has the all the game to get the job done but does he want it too bad like Rory at the Masters

6. Bob - 2nd Alternate right where he wants to be, if he shows up with a half set this ranking skyrockets

7. Captain - No one deserves a spot more than Mike but there is a reason Tiger never won at Riv. Can he muster up the energy and focus for the round or will it all be spent hosting this great event?

8. Crowe- (insert MJ gif) the game was heading the wrong way at the end of June, can he turn it around with everything on the line? Anything is possible at the Steeplechase

12 Likes

This is frighteningly accurate

4 Likes

8 clubs it isā€¦well, maybe 9 if I decide I need the lefty Square Strike to get myself out of any precarious positions (I believe it was @wronghander at the NIT that had a right handed hickory club in his bag for just such occasions and Iā€™ve been searching for the perfect lefty club for my bag ever sinceā€¦2nd Swing had it in the bargain bucket outside this week and thatā€™s when I knew I found my grail :+1:)

3 Likes