Splash of OJ (Florida Roost)

@ASplashOfOJ if you are signed up for the Match Play and have not paid your entry fees please do so. Lot’s of guys looking to schedule first round matches.

3 Likes

Match Play Update - The following people haven’t paid their entry fee. Shoot me a DM if there are any issues.

@bdw8487 , @TheRealMcCoy28 , @GDJ , @shampton27 , @Schikolas , @edge62 , @fourright

2 Likes

Paid. Apologies for delay.

Does anyone live near Panama City/Port St. Joe/Apalachicola that could help me out with a small favor? Sincerely, your neighbor to the north.

Hope everyone is making it through Ian alright. Thinking of y’all.

6 Likes

Heard it’s snowing up in Michigan today. That’s too bad…

2 Likes

I’m heading down to Ft. Lauderdale the week of thanksgiving to visit my brother any of the Florida roost folks in that area? I could use some course recommendations I’ve played Jacaranda and biltmore enjoyed both. I’m not opposed to a little drive to meet up with some Florida folks!

3 Likes

Have two spots open for this Sunday (11/20) at Orange Lake resort ( AP course) at 9am. @dshaddy and I are getting our match taken care of - anyone want to come heckle us?

2 Likes

Greetings Juice Enthusiasts!

You may know me as the bag tag guy, but in addition to that I’m also an actual player of the golf. As I peer out my front window at the snow on the ground here in Cleveland I’m insanely jealous of your weather. As an escape I’ll be coming to Orlando area in February to play in an event with some friends, event is Wed 2/22/23 to Sat 2/25/23 - much of the crew are #olds so I’m interested in what the courses have to offer so any intel on the following is appreciated

• Waldorf Astoria Golf Club
  • Hawks Landing
  • Champions Gate CC
  • Southern Dunes

Also assuming I’m still standing - gauging possible interest in a Sunday refugee round.

I’m still working on special edition OJ regional champion bag tag…life coming at me fast

3 Likes

That’s a nice lineup. Southern Dunes & Championsgate CC are excellent. Waldorf is nice, typical resort golf but excellent conditioning. Hawks Landing is fun as well. Feel free to slide in the DM’s if you need anything.

1 Like

Popular suggestions for this will include Grand Cypress Links Course, Winter Park 9, and Eagle Creek (partially due to its proximity to the airport)

2 Likes

Unfortunately Mrs Flan gave me a solid GFY and required me to get my ass back to OH first thing Sunday. I will report back if anything changes

There is a roost event Saturday, just saying.

2 Likes

Hi OJ Roosters!

I’m headed to a bachelor party / golf weekend at Innisbrook in late January. We’ve got 16 guys and are doing a ryder cup style - everyone is an 18 HCP or better so it should be a blast regardless, but…

Anyone have tweet-length reviews of the courses/facilities? Any pointers so I can take all five of my points? Course distro is 2 Island, 1 Copper, 1 North, 1 South for 5 total rounds.

Any recs for nearby restaurants/bars? It’ll be NFL Conference Championship weekend, so TVs would be a plus. How is the uber situation, or would you recommend some rental cars?

Thanks all!

Island: Tough track, tight on some holes, good elevation changes for Florida. Probably the hardest course onsite.
Copper: You’ve seen it kick PGA tour players asses, now it’s your turn
North: Short but fun. Smaller greens and some quirky holes. Need to drive it straight.
South: Fun course and the most scoreable, pretty sure the members prefer this as their daily course

3 Likes

Looking like Ill be in Ocala in March for a week… any recommendations on courses… prob get one in would be lucky to get two in…

1 Like

I haven’t played it but a buddy recently played Juliette Falls and had good things to say about it. If you can get set up at Golden Ocala or CC Ocala both of those are good too.

4 Likes

Can’t speak to current conditions, but Juliette Falls and Candler Hills are both good layouts. CC Ocala used to be a good Member for a Day rate, but was $125 last I saw it.

1 Like

Hey All - I am coming down to Melbourne/Indiatlantic area on March 15thv (so we don’t go completely crazy with the Wisconsin winters), which looks like I will miss the Hammock event. I usually am golfing with my dad on this trip, but he is laid up from a shoulder replacement, so looking to get out on my own.

I would love to know if there are any refuge meet-ups in the area between 3/16-3/22 and would have availability for me to join. We’ve generally stuck around the area (Duran, Baytree, Turtle Creek, Habitat, etc.). Is it worth it to look at getting down to courses near Sebastian or Vero? - prelim look showed a lot of private courses in the area, so not sure what the public options look like.

1 Like

Hello fellow Adam - you’re not wrong, most courses in that area are private. Recently played Sebastian Muni with some fellow Refugees, and Sandridge is a county muni between Wabasso and Vero. I’d say both are on par with a Habitat, have some good holes and some forgettable holes. If you’re willing to expand your geographic scope a little, you can get to PGA Club in Port St. Lucie (Wanamaker and Dye are great) or some of the courses in the east side of Orlando like Eagle Creek and North Shore. For what it’s worth, Duran, Baytree, and Viera East are in pretty good shape right now.

Sorry, I don’t think I’m in town that weekend. Enjoy!

1 Like