Sisterhood of the Traveling Refugee Sunday Bag

Hey also - looks like nobody’s got the bag after 11/8 - I have our annual Boston Golf & Social skins game up at Bass Rocks in Gloucester on 11/21. Many Refugees will be in attendance. Gonna add my name to the schedule, @AlCzervik could you get that baby up to me at some point post Canal Shores?

2 Likes

Hi @RobbieVogel - I think that the direction for the bag will actually be heading to the NIT that weekend of November. I (or another qualifier from Big Cedar) will have it and if there is someone in the Bass Rocks game who will be at the NIT, I can search them out and hand-off. Else, I’ll figure out a way to send it north (unless someone jumps in between 11/7 and 11/21).

I know there are competing requests for the bag that weekend of the NIT, not sure how I fell into the unenviable position of decision maker here, but here we are!

Seems like there should be plenty of time for whoever takes the bag from the NIT to ship it up to @RobbieVogel in time for 11/21!

1 Like

Oh dang OK, I was just going off the spreadsheet. When’s the NIT? I’m fully out of the loop on that

I am leaving from Maine on 11/28 for the beautiful PNW. Depending on where it goes between 11/22-11/28, I might be able to rive down and grab it in Mass to save shipping costs, etc. Be in touch!

1 Like

Well shit just come play with us on the 21st and then I’ll hand it off!

4 Likes

Its the exact same weekend - there are actually 3 Refugee events the weekend of 11/6! So as the person accountable for the bag coming out of Big Cedar I got to piss off 2 events! Was kinda hoping someone would want it for Halloween to take that accountability off my hands!

From the NIT, I’ll either drop it with someone heading north or coordinate the shipping to @RobbieVogel - that will not be a problem.

Ohhh OK I got it. Lots of demand! But that sounds awesome, psyched that it will make its way up to Boston again. Cannot wait to revisit that journal and the goody pocket. Also I promise to keep my journal entry to less than one page this time.

1 Like

good idea actually…ill take it for halloween and fill that MFer with candy

4 Likes

I’m gonna be all psyched to open the package from @Fore20 and then 10 thousand of these fuckers will spill out

3 Likes

There’s actually a new journal inside of it now I think. I may have the old one at home? I’ll have to check. I cleaned it out at the beginning of this year, it had like 20 logo balls inside of it, 30 scorecards and the old journal that was full.

We’ll do something with all of it someday. Put it into a shadowbox and include it in a refugee charity auction or something maybe.

4 Likes

We’re also gonna need a new journal. It’s not lost or anything, we’re just almost out of pages.

2 Likes

Sew a sidecar bag for the journal/accoutrements that can hang off the main bag

1 Like

Feel free to take it on a quick trip to Taconic of you’ve got the time!

1 Like

I thought maybe @inthehallwiththerope bought a new journal and put it in the bag at some point?

The yellow one I wrote an entry in recently was nearly full. That one also included DJ’s “I took all Tron’s money” entry.

4 Likes

that’s definitely the original one. I can order a new one and ship it to whoever has it now or @chrismarz if someone wants to ship the full journal back to me.

1 Like

I can bring a journal for this weekend. I have a few extra moleskins around - how big is the target journal size?

1 Like

Of course you do.

1 Like

Confirmed I put a fresh one (green cover) with the bag when I sent it off in August. I think there were 3-4 pages left in the yellow one.

5 Likes