Sisterhood of the Traveling Refugee Sunday Bag

I’ve got it in KC at the moment after taking it up to Prairie Club and then having it with me during a couple rounds with local Refugees. I was planning to pass it along to one of the local guys heading down to the Big Cedar refuge event at the end of the month.

6 Likes

@chrismarz has noted he would like it for the Big Cedar Meetup. I’d be honored to carry it as well if he opts out or wants to share.

1 Like

Get in line pal! (I’ve asked Chris if I can loop it for a round)

1 Like

My only goal was to get it there. More than happy to let others loop it!

1 Like

I’ll be headed to Big Cedar. I can take it down there for the group.

The return to Canal Shores would be very ideal.

1 Like

It was mentioned/requested to be at the NIT that same weekend. May need an arbitrator to determine its fate!

1 Like

We’re like the “Barbasol Championship” to the “WGC” that week…so if for some ungodly reason bag doesn’t make it to Jax OR Avon Fields, we’ll gladly host it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

What a treat for the drive into work this morning. S/O to @TomCoyne, @Soly, and @alexshreff.

17 Likes

I just added some dates to the spreadsheet. Still relatively new to the Refuge, but how would I be notified if I can use the bag on those dates? thanks!

1 Like

Thanks for #gettinginvolved!

I see where you added your name, but you put your dates for July 2020. Did you mean to put them down for July 2021?

1 Like

Ha - crap, thanks for catching that! Yes I meant to put 2021. I just fixed it!

2 Likes

Perfect. If you’re the first one to call dibs during those dates, it’s all yours. Whoever has the bag before you should reference the sheet, see you’re next, and contact you for shipping details.

And same goes for you. When you have it, reference whoever is next after you on the sheet, DM them on here for their address and off the bag goes.

2 Likes

We just got confirmation of the bag getting to Big Cedar this weekend. Thanks @ericrbens and @KC_Badger!

From here my expectation is that it will head down to the NIT 11/5-7 (please correct me if I am wrong). One of our qualifiers will have it .

As this is a 2 week gap, if anyone wants is between 10/26 - 11/5 - let me know, I’ll be happy to get it to them, so long as it lands in JAX in early Nov!

From the NIT, its not clear what its next stop will be.

5 Likes

Could we get a firm determination on this? Us degenerates her in Chicago are having a refugee event on 11/7

Sounds like it will be in Jax then unfortunately

Would love to take the bag around my first trip to Sweetens for a couple days between Christmas and New Years if available. Just added my name to the sheets.

1 Like

New to this thread. What an amazing project.

I added my name to the list, as I am confirmed for a PNW swing. I realize this would not be the first trip to this area, however I felt compelled to try and contribute.

Am I supposed to contact the last person who is confirmed to have the bag?

Just wanted to clarify any protocols that need to be followed. Cheers!

1 Like

Welcome!

I want to reiterate this - carrying the bag is not about taking it to some new exotic destination no one has ever taken it before. It’s about YOU carrying it, not WHERE you carry it. Would rather see the thing take 100 loops around local munis for every one exotic location.

Just put your name on the calendar with dates, and whoever has the bag before you will contact you for shipping details, and then you do the same to whoever is after you on the sheet. The more communication with those in line before/after you, the better! Timelines are often tight and shipping on the bag is expensive, so don’t get caught with your pants down and try to keep in touch with those before/after you if you can.

16 Likes

When Soly said Cabot I literally fist pumped and said YES in a loud voice. Thank God for working from home.

2 Likes