Sisterhood of the Traveling Refugee Sunday Bag

I have the bag and just confirmed it comes with the original yellow journal with 1 page left and a brand new green journal still in the shrinkwrap so we are all good, fam

11 Likes

Post some pics of the bag out playing G sometime soon! We’re lacking some content in here.

4 Likes

Big weekend of overcast mountain range shots coming from Big Cedar.

1 Like

Going to try to get out this afternoon at the home track for some shots before it heads to Morris-land. Might be on a cart tho so…

(it doesn’t need to stay on a cart for a picture)

4 Likes

6 Likes

Would be awesome to have a site with pictures of all the balls, markers and journal posts. And you get access to the site (password or secret URL?) when you get the bag.

7 Likes

That’s a pretty badass idea. I could probably incorporate it into the HLBC website somehow eventually.

2 Likes

Listened to the TGJ pod last night on a 5 hour drive and it got me through the last hour. Really heartening story. How the bag was inspired by bow making was something I’d like to hear more about. Great job @alexshreff! I like to write songs and this golf bag exemplifies one of the lines I wrote recently:
“Plant a little seed and see what comes up from the underground/Now listen to the wind in the tree leaves, now your little seed is making sound.”

3 Likes

Took it out for a quick spin here in warm & windy Parkville Missouri. It was 82 degrees when we played yesterday evening, and as I write this it is currently 38 and overcast. Tough scene. Fingers crossed that the weather improves as I head south to Branson for the Big Cedar Refugee Meetup

I’m not a photographer but I did try to get a couple of shots of it as it made it’s way around The Deuce.

Ladies & Gentlemen it is much darker than our cameras make it appear

28 Likes

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.
5 Likes

Having the honor of bringing the Sunday Bag to NIT this week, but first took her on a spin with @Nickygifts @DivotPatterns and @Lanny19 at ol’ Normandie Golf Club in North St. Louis this fine, blustery (and cold) Sunday.

One of the many public courses to claim itself as the oldest public track (in its original location) west of the Mississippi, Normandie has fallen on some hard times recently. Hopefully with new ownership recently in established, there will be finer days ahead for this St. Louis mainstay.

#YOTB

17 Likes

Awesome that it made its way to Normandie.

Belated shots of the bag at Mountain Top:

23 Likes

Hi all - my trip to King Island to play Cape Wickham and Ocean Dunes is back on after being cancelled in March due to COVID. I have no idea where the travelling Sunday Bag is or if its even free from the 27th of November to the 30th of November or if its even possible to get it sent to Australia in this time - but if it is, I’d love to take it to King Island.

I actually just sent it to the next spot for a November stop in the Boston area. I can’t speak for global shipping, but have to think its unlikely it can get to you in time!

1 Like

Hmm would have thought so - literally found out this morning that the border between states was reopening and we’d be allowed to go so didn’t have longer to plan unfortunately

The eagle has landed. Me and my buddy Patrick (some deep golf Illuminati may know him as SLAG08, perhaps the center of the maze) at Solo golf in hingham. Check them out #sponcon

25 Likes

Nice looking shop.

2 Likes

Not pictured is the tv with masters coverage and the golf simulator. Pretty sick

3 Likes

More solo from simulator league tonight

8 Likes