Sisterhood of the Traveling Refugee Sunday Bag

I hated the mesh. :kissing_heart:

1 Like

Any chance it is coming with you to the CLT meetup?

Also, I see you are flying in Friday morning. I’ll be in town already with an empty whip. If you want to skip the rental, I can pick you up, and cart you around until at least Saturday night.

1 Like

Unfortunately I don’t believe so. I think someone has it scheduled mid-March…but if that falls through, I will definitely be bringing it with me.

Appreciate the offer, but I’m just using points. I travel so much for work they’re just piling up!

Ahem…I believe the schedule has me taking the bag on its Latin American swing in mid-March.

4 Likes

I’m shipping the bag off next week for a trip jaunt to Cali…fingers crossed we can get it back to you in time.

Going to do my best to rush the Cali trip along and hopefully only take a day or so!

1 Like

quit with your logic and reason. there is no place for that here.

3 Likes

Fingers crossed. I leave early on Sunday, March 15th (assuming coronavirus hasn’t hit MN or Costa Rica by then) so if the 14th is looking sketchy then don’t sweat it. Worst case I’ll toss my name in for the MN event in August.

1 Like

I am consistently floored by @alexshreff Dude is a damn role model.

Bravo to you sir for everything you do around here.

6 Likes

I’m just one gui. It’s the community that makes this place great - we’re blessed to have such awesome people here.

3 Likes

I will keep in touch with you.

Once it’s out of my hands and on it’s way to Cali for it’s little mission, it’s up to them how quickly they get done with it…so I’ll make sure I keep you in the loop.

2 Likes

It’s been nice knowing you Bax…

1 Like

Fingers crossed you don’t get a lot of coronavirus carriers at the Four Seasons

Wait, do you think the virus does some kind of means and income testing before infecting someone…?

:crossed_fingers:

Mostly hoping it doesn’t attack people that pronounce bag as baayyg.

7 Likes

OK I have not read this entire thread, but I’m wondering if there is post or something which has directions/templates on creating custom Sunday bags. It’s my understanding the OP sewed this bag together him/herself and I’m looking to turn a couple old pairs of pants into something similar.

@alexshreff sent me the template a long time ago, and I’m sure he’d do the same for you if you sent him a message. Can’t wait to see your Billy Ho Octopus Sunday Bag.

2 Likes

If you’re reading this…you already know.

44 Likes

Obviously late to the party, I’m newer to the Refuge and just saw the latest Tourist Sauce ep, very cool thing you have going. I thought I saw The Cardinal’s scorecard when DJ went through the stack, maybe one day I can add the sister Sedgefield tournament course to it. Does it go against the spirit of the bag and the idea if I’m not travelling to play?

4 Likes

Glad to have you here!

Absolutely does not go against the spirit of the bag - the bag itself is the traveling portion, not you. There have been plenty of people who have just taken it around their local tracks, and it would be the perfect opportunity for it.

If you scroll into the original post, you can add your name to the Google spreadsheet with any free date/time that might work for you, and we’ll all do our best to make sure it makes it’s way to you.

4 Likes

I think I’m safely the person who has “traveled” the furthest—and in contention for the shortest—distance with the bag (Dubai/India, and also a course about 5 blocks from my apartment), and the round more in the spirit of the bag BY FAR was the one less than a ten minute walk from my door to the first tee. I played a course that I love, with a half-set of 60 y/o clubs, and randomly got paired with a Refugee I hadn’t met (s/o @JMAGS). Doesn’t matter where you’re playing, who you’re playing with, or if you play well. The most important part of the bag is the person carrying it.

7 Likes