Sisterhood of the Traveling Refugee Sunday Bag

Absolutely fair, I’m torn between the anticipation and seeing my name get closer and closer versus the bag showing up on my doorstep, and being surprised.

1 Like

the surprise aspect would be so cool though, i agree…slightly risky, but cool af

Here’s my two cents that I think bridges the gap in handoff strategies:

Let’s make a shared google calendar. Everyone who has a big time trip, single golf round of the year, tournament, etc should sign up first on the honor system that your event/whatever is worthy of pre-registering.

Once that has been fleshed out a bit, open it up to everyone to find a time on the calendar when they would want the bag with the forethought that they should try to sign up around the pre-registers who are in their area so that a local meetup can happen.

I know that it’s a bit complicated and relies on trust, but I think we can do it.

2 Likes

The Refuge in a nutshell

18 Likes

right and when youre the last person in your area that makes a face to face hand off feasible…you ship that joker off across the country and its gets to see the sights and sounds there

2 Likes

hell im here 30 minutes late as a result of a bag that is months away from being made…boss is gonna be like, putting in that OT huh guy? proud of you!

1 Like

You got the idea!

1 Like

This reminds me of the 2 day period when I first joined the Refuge that I didn’t get on during work work hours. Good times.

2 Likes

Btw, why is it a “sisterhood”?

1 Like

Neat idea.

Is watching that movie a prereq to truly appreciate this? My wife makes fun of my love for Titanic and I just can’t fathom giving her more embarassment ammunition.

5 Likes

3 Likes

I thought about raising that question, but thought Eric Denver would come in and we would have another PC debate on our hands and ruin something that’s been so organic

4 Likes

the sisterhood of the travelling pants was a movie Zocco, smh

They could have both fit on the door!

1 Like

I’m in on the google doc idea from @IlliniGolferHack - some events/opportunities just cannot be missed by this bag! Who cares if one only has it for a day or two. This thing will feel the breeze of some special places and other places that are special in our hearts.

Get a general skeleton of “must visit’s” like @anon846171 outlined and the rest is simply first come first served.

A well rounded and highly traveled bag, indeed.

2 Likes

2 Likes

I know it is the Refuge, so as to expect the unexpected, but did you think it would move this quickly? haha

1 Like

some guys went from (essentially) having a backyard wedge range to a 1000-member golf course in about as much time

at that rate, give it a few months and he’ll be pumping out canvas golf bags

8 Likes

@alexshreff get the online store going.

1 Like

Just skimmed this thread, really a cool idea