Sisterhood of the Traveling Refugee Sunday Bag

Shittier? Or “bespoke”? Hmmm

9 Likes

You’ve literally found a way to out hipster a hipster.

12 Likes

“Rustic”

1 Like

In on this, likely wouldn’t blow the doors off anybody with any destination golf, but would be happy to tool around the AZ desert with it. Not sure if this was mentioned, but should make a pocket or something along those lines to store scorecards and/or tees from each course, so the bag itself has a physical piece of everywhere it has been.

Side note: disregard

3 Likes

Man, this is cool. I would be honored to tote this around Chattanooga and be the guy to take it to Sweetens, Sewanee, Lookout Mountain, etc. Since it would be the first time the bag went to SC, I feel like i’d have to pour a shot of whiskey on it.

2 Likes

i was about to say…@pushdraw should be automatically off the list for putting that energy out into the atmosphere like that

2 Likes

I would gladly visit each of the Strapped Season 1 locations with this bag

I understand, and would like to clarify I was more so referring to it going from AZ to MO for example, and it getting a bad scan and going to FL…in no way shape or form am I wishing for it to be lost for good, and @alexshreff’s hard work and hand craftsmanship go to waste. Definitely bad juju, and for that I apologize.

youre still talking about it!

1 Like

Honestly though with the Tile in a dedicated patch that shouldn’t be opened, we should be able to find it at all times. Even if the USPS does lose it.

3 Likes

We have shipped over 150 packages express shipping through USPS and haven’t had a hiccup yet (fingers crossed). It happens, of course. But I’d feel confident it’ll get to it’s proper destination so long the address transfer is diligent.

yeah ive shipping a bunch of stuff USPS priority in my day and never had issues with it being lost

I think the contributions shouldn’t just be a tee or a ball marker either, but whatever is a representation of a round of golf to that person. A pack of cigs, a note with a music suggestion, a couple of bucks they won from their buddy, a beer… just whatever it is that defines how you play. If you’re proud of the course then yeah drop a ball marker in there, but let’s get weird with it.

3 Likes

What do you guys think about giving priority to passing the bag off in person? Maybe it could cut down on wear and tear, and it would force more small-time refugee meet ups. I live in Ohio (Cleveland) and I imagine I could meet up with some Columbus area guys who might in turn be able to get it down to Cincinnatti or Louisville (or any random city they might travel to). I recognize it’s not practical to make all hand offs happen in person, but I think giving priority to in person hand offs could be cool.

Edit: Totally unrelated, but I was trying to use the word incentivize in this post and it had the red squiggly line under it. Is incentivize not a word??? Am I going crazy?

4 Likes

It is a Sunday bag though, I imagine space will be at a bit of a premium, so that is why I was thinking scorecard / tee.

1 Like

Love that. I think there is enough travel on this thread to do that for the majority of the transfers.

2 Likes

100%

I tried to assert this general idea a couple of times already, but nobody likes my ideas.

1 Like

Or, in truly ironic fashion, bag tags everywhere.

2 Likes

So ironic it’s cool though.

1 Like