Sisterhood of the Traveling Refugee Sunday Bag

I think that as long as the prestigious courses are agreed upon by refugees than I say go for it.

Playing at Pine Valley or ANGC and want to use the bag? Go ahead and take it and put a tag on it. Playing at Torrey Pines or Bellerive and want the bag? Delete your account.

5 Likes

Does the bag come with a towel?

Go back to LA North where you and your “minimalist” buddies can contemplate where to spend that next $40 Million to mock naturalism among sky scrapers!

4 Likes

It’s going to have a BCN towel attached and anyone that dares remove it will be banned.

4 Likes

I was hoping this was the case

We will sponsor that - hard stop.

1 Like

Uncle Traveling Matt, maybe?

(Anyone old enough to know the origin?)

1 Like

Doozers are my spirit animal.

1 Like

I’m rapidly changing plans and going to a much heavier duty canvas material than what I had ordered. It sounds like this thing is going to get toted all over the damn place and I love it. It’s going to have a patina like a 20 year old piece of leather after 5 months of use.

2 Likes

you might want to look into a commercial sewing machine too…grannys singer aint gonna do the trick i dont think

That sounds more fun than me winning $20 from my spurs fan friend.

From the looks of it the heavy duty one I bought should go right through this material no problem but send prayers just in case. Material will take a week or so to get here.

1 Like

just curious but what kind of cost do you have in the materials?

I think the bag should simply go where Refugees go. ANGC or just the woke when broke list: doesn’t matter.

6 Likes

As the resident St Lunatic I take offense to that. So glad I wasn’t a part of the Refuge for the Roast of Bellerive

Also, the bag HAS to be named Barry. Too good of an inside joke

2 Likes

I agree with this. I just hope it doesn’t turn into the subtle flex bag. Just let it naturally go where it goes. If it’s too forced, it won’t be any fun.

2 Likes

Yeah similarly I hope it doesn’t turn into who has the best golf trip planned flex either.

3 Likes

Agreed. I originally envisioned refugees toting it on their home courses at sunset etc etc… when the idea of a vote or whatever came up I had to toss Bandon out there so I didn’t ge left out haha.

3 Likes

We’re looking at roughly $75 for enough canvas and wool to make 3 bags. Hardware and a carrying strap will probably add to that but not considerably anyways. I’m guessing by the time it’s said and done I can do 3 bags for about $50 each in material costs…it won’t look like Seamus, but it’s going to be the exact same canvas material just with shittier craftsmanship.

12 Likes

Thanks for doing this!