Second City Golf Club vs. Fresh Coast Flock (Grand Rapids, July 2022)

A ok by me. We still need one more player/sandbagger if you know any good manipulators.

2 Likes

Shit, I can go out and play several times before the event. :smiley:

1 Like

Illinois guys please let me know if you have any pairing requests or Iā€™m gonna make everything random

1 Like

Same here Flock. Let the Vice-Captain know and heā€™ll get it handled. :smiley:
Seriously though, let me know and Iā€™ll get everything updated.

We still have 1 open spot. So feel free to jump back in if you can swing it.

WIll do for sure, hoping to hear back from the laser tag place this afternoon. I will mention again if someone can only play Saturday, I am available for Sunday regardless of my daughters party.

On Saturday is the plan to play in the same foursome at both courses?

Iā€™d think we could maybe keep same twosome teams and just shuffle up the opponents a little without it being too much work? That lets us meet the most people, but doesnā€™t mess someone up too terrible of having to play last in the AM and first in the PM or anything. But I defer to my captain and will support him blindly no matter his decision.

1 Like

At least on Saturday so we can get from round 1 to 2 and not have to re-shuffle all that much.

Someone better at logistics and planning than I am may need to coordinate the actual times once we have groups but yeah, that sounds like it works.

You could do ā€œpodsā€ where two back to back tee times just swap half the people. (hope this makes sense)

Course 1
Tee time 1 Players: ABCD
Tee time 2 Players: EFGH
Course 2
Tee time 1 Players: ABGH
Tee time 2 Players: EFCD

5 Likes

Yup. This exactly

1 Like

Brent Azinger to the rescue. My Man. :smiley:

The only concern is for players GH to make their tee time since theyā€™re playing a later AM time and earlier PM time.

Yes, but I think there should be plenty of time. For example, two players from 8:38 a.m. (second morning tee time) would have to make the 3:00 p.m. (first afternoon) tee time. That should work just fine right?

1 Like

Oh yeah, that timing should be fine. nice.

Agreed. I vote random pairings with foursome pod swaps, which is also the name of my new complex financial instrument and is in no way a scam. If people have specific playing partner requests, slot those in and randomize the rest.

3 Likes

Just heard back from the laser tag place. The employee that told us they had an opening on July 30 was wrong. That being said I kept my name on the waitlist in case someone needs me to come in for relief of Sunday. Also I still plan on coming for just drinks on Friday to see friends and meet new sickos!!

1 Like

So someone edited the Google Doc wrong and made it look like the Michigan team is full, but itā€™s not. @natelapeer is the first guy on the waitlist and heā€™s got a spot if he wants it.

1 Like

Man, this showing from Michiganā€¦

10 Likes