Second City Golf Club vs. Fresh Coast Flock (Grand Rapids, July 2022)

Creating a thread here for all involved in our Roost Ryder Cup out in Grand Rapids, noticed the first one was locked only to FCF guys.

So lots of us Chicago guys will be making the drive Friday and are game to play a warm up round in the Grand Rapids area that afternoon. Stoatin Brae looks pretty enticing. Saturday itinerary is fourball matches at Pilgrims Run and The Mines, and Sunday singles matches at Diamond Springs. After golf Saturday it would be fun to take over a patio spot at one of the many breweries in town and plot out who plays who in the singles. Will be reaching out to all courses tomorrow to see about booking tee time blocks since 24 guys is basically a mini outing.

12 Likes

paging Illinois guys: @TCRBrad @baldvinny @Ballgame @Setwilli @Pinehurts @AlCzervik @treeputttim @HackMarkham @BabblingBrooksKoepka

7 Likes

paging Michigan guys: @csaylor10 @onewhitecow @paroutfromhere @MidwestHack @Jalspurg @MatthewGVPA @JDGAFFLIN @theclv24 @dicksoch

4 Likes

and more Michigan guys: @DevonCoates @Brentdtw @murphornothin @KMo0.0 @GRGolfer

2 Likes

Lets Go! This should be fantastic! Great courses picked. Looking forward to it.

2 Likes

I’m sure some custom merch can be designed to enable your shopaholic ways

4 Likes

@paroutfromhere has already posted a signup sheet in the FCF section and the spots went quick.

1 Like

LOL. Just don’t tell the Mrs.

2 Likes

Here’s the sheet for all involved.

@EConroy419 throw that whatsapp link in here too :call_me_hand:t3::call_me_hand:t3:

Cheers fellas, this should be awesome

1 Like

Code: WhatsApp Group Invite

Already signed up and offered my guest bedroom up as an AirBnB. My wife doesn’t know yet, but we’ll sort that out later…

7 Likes

62u801

16 Likes

Adding @Xlink to the conversation.

This was me explaining this to my girlfriend last night to get the go ahead haha

1 Like

What a team. My prediction is pain for the Fresh Coast.

I’ll be waiting at Founders for victory celebration.

5 Likes

Thoughts on moving our event space to Friday night to serve as an introduction to each other and the tournament? That way no one is rushing off the second round to get to any event space. Anyone that wants to can hang around The Mines after the round or go home and rest up for Sunday singles.

Founders is $500 for 3 hour rental and $600 food/drink minimum, which is like $35 a guy and would include a round of appetizers and a meal. We’d just have them close the tab once we hit the minimum I imagine. 5pm-8pm sound good to everyone?

11 Likes

Sounds like a great plan. Reasonable price as well. There are plenty of great places between The Mines and downtown if people wanted to socialize afterwards on Saturday.

2 Likes

We could do a captain’s press conference for pairing selections

4 Likes

Chicago guys - would a 5pm opening ceremony time work for anyone taking a half day Friday? Reminder Grand Rapids is in the eastern time zone…

6 Likes

But guys, this is the same weekend as the Barstool Classic Qualifier at Ruffled Feathers!!!

fart noise

10 Likes