(Scoring at Post 366) Florida Meetup - The StrappedDraw at Palatka Golf Club, August 1st

This is still highlighted on my calendar and I’m looking forward to playing golf with all of you.

4 Likes

Did someone say they weren’t making the trip because the guis won’t be in town?

I don’t believe so

1 Like

Just curious…Did someone from our group book the Airbnb right on the course in Jax Beach? Saw it a few weeks ago, snooze you lose I guess.

I’m not sure. I haven’t heard anything on that front.

What are the potential plans for accommodations? Are we going to base ourselves out of somewhere and drive or stay multiple places? I’m coming from Melbourne, FL FYI.

EDIT: Just saying https://www.vrbo.com/9023652ha?adultsCount=4&arrival=2020-07-31&departure=2020-08-02

1 Like

Honestly, I haven’t even thought of accommodations yet for this one. But I have a metric shit-ton of Wyndham points. That will probably be the play, especially if I can locate around Daytona for everything.

Yea, I think through some discussion with @NoLayovers. It’s probably best if people stay around Jax Beach or Ponte Vedra area since that’s where we will be 2 of the 3 days. Saturday will be about a 45 minute to an hour drive down to Palatka, but 100% worth it. So definitely worth coordinating some carpools potentially depending on if people decide to have a few beverages at the course and/or Corky Bell’s in Palatka.

St. Augustine would put y’all about 35 minutes to both locations.

2 Likes

The St. Augustine Historic District is about 50 minutes in each direction to Jax Beach and Palatka, respectively.

2 Likes

My plan was to snatch up the Airbnb apartment that was on the Jax Beach fairways. Seems to have been booked already though. Still planning on somewhere in the same area though. But now that you mention it @JDinDelray St Augustine might be worth a look.

1 Like

Tons of stuff in the $100 a night range, and there’s plenty around that district - you literally only have to sleep there.

Yep. I live in St. Augustine, so if y’all need any suggestions feel free to reach out.

1 Like

Reaching…

1 Like

Also, just throwing this out. I’m not opposed to sharing a siiick beach side Airbnb. If anyone else is interested in something like that let me know. No shared bathrooms though! I don’t know ya’ll like that.

What about shared bedrooms strapped style?

1 Like

I would like to direct you to my post at 165 :wink:

Can’t believe I missed that…I am definitely interested. Even at single occupancy, the cost is about the same per person as a moderate hotel/Airbnb. Would also be a great place for the gang to hang out post round.

2 Likes

If I can streamline a couple of financial details I am very interested in this meetup! Allegiant flights from NC to Florida are dirt cheap right now.

3 Likes

Love it!

Before I go too far down the rabbit hole of finding us a place to stay; how many are planning on staying with us in the VRBO/Airbnb? I know it might be on the google doc, but I can’t get to that at work ( :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: firewalls). If someone can give me a headcount that would be great!