(Scoring at Post 366) Florida Meetup - The StrappedDraw at Palatka Golf Club, August 1st

Absolutely not. Come to whatever portion of the agenda you can make.

2 Likes

The only scumbags are the people who don’t show up at all!

3 Likes

That sounds more likely. I played a lot more up there when my folks lived in Mandarin.

1 Like

so are people staying in Jax and driving an hour super early saturday morning to make it to palatka? and then driving back to jax saturday night? trying to figure out how to make this work. I don’t drink and drive so I’d prefer to just stay in palatka is anyone is doing that but I do have a close friend in jax I could stay with if people have room in their car for the drive there and back.

also, goodness I need to work on my game, this is less than 2 months away and I can barely find the ball right now lol.

Just working out some kinks as I will be in St. Augustine for a mini-vacation earlier in that week so just need to hammer out some logistics.

2 Likes

I can’t commit to anything at this point. Not sure about wedding postponement dates, not sure what this virus is going to be doing then, not sure if work will allow me to leave the area, not sure that it will be wise to do anything social by then.

3 Likes

Totally understand. Fingers crossed! :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

This event is still on my calendar. I’ll see everyone there!

4 Likes

Well there’s two different St. John’s… the country club where I’m a member is usually in pretty good shape… they used to have q school there years ago… the other St. John’s on the outskirts of town is a whole other story LOL!

@NoLayovers palm valley is so much fun! It’s like a mile from my house!

4 Likes

It’s really not a bad drive from Jax to Palatka! But I’d be happy to let you hop in with me! No problem at all! I have a truck and room for a few more too!

4 Likes

Same here. Room for 2 more if anyone needs a ride. Definitely just makes more sense with the changes in schedule to base out of Jax, as that’s where we start Friday and finish Sunday.

1 Like

I’m looking forward to it. It’s near Cimarrone, which I have played before, so I can find it. Should be able to find a hotel in St. Augustine, maybe even stay at WGV.

1 Like

Cimarrone and the County course. Man, you have really been abused by your St. John’s County golf experiences.

2 Likes

Also Julington Lakes, South Hampton, and once we went out to Fleming Island.

So yeah, Jax Beach will be a step up.

1 Like

It takes me a couple of years to forget why I never play Cimarrone. Never again. :joy:

2 Likes

Just got an email from them. If their supe worked as hard and had as much budget as their marketing director, they’d be premier.

2 Likes

Just saw that The Ringer is going to be the same weekend at Sweetens. Looks like there where be any schmoozing with the C-Suite. Whole gang will probably be at the Sweetens house.

4 Likes

The vacation rental dilemma. Do you use the vacation rental during the highest value time which is also when you want to use it? Or do you rent it out?

4 Likes

I love the guys just as much as everyone else but I would rather meet guys that I could play with on a more regular basis. I’m sure they get multiple invitations everyday to play somewhere.

2 Likes

I’m still interested in this event; I’ll continue to follow.

1 Like