(Scoring at Post 366) Florida Meetup - The StrappedDraw at Palatka Golf Club, August 1st

Odds are looking good for us to get a couple NIT spots for this event.

6 Likes

This is going to be awesome. NIT qualifier spots on the line!

3 Likes

Please start to update the spreadsheet on whether you’ll be able to come or not. We have started to book tee time for Friday morning at South Hampton and Friday afternoon at Palm Valley GC. As of now, I went ahead and booked 5 tee times for Friday morning starting at 9:51am and the last tee time at 10:27am. Let us know so we can start to organize pairings as well as book our Friday afternoon round and Sunday round at Jax Beach.

3 Likes

Set to arrive Thurday night. Been looking forward to this weekend for months!

2 Likes

I’m going to commit pending confirmation the weekend’s still a go. Up Thursday night, leave when it makes sense Sunday.

I’m still worried about COVID, and am staying fluid on the hotel situation and on putting my money down in case we’re back on lockdown by then.

3 Likes

Me too. The news for the state is worse every day between new infections and ICU bed availability.

I really understand everyone’s worries about covid, if I’ve learned anything from this year is that life is fragile but living in fear is no way to live. I’m thankful for all of my golf trips I’ve made this year.

5 Likes

Took myself off the list. Really wanted to come down, but just not up for traveling out of state during covid. Hopefully there’s another meet up in 2021.

1 Like

Just took my name off the list :cry:. Family plans for scheduled for that weekend.

Right on time!

7 Likes

Is it too late to get in just for the Saturday round?

2 Likes

Absolutely not. Sign up on the spreadsheet above.

3 Likes

38l1il

3 Likes

Whew, I am PUMPED after watching the crash course video. Do we rename the palm on 18 the Sollenberger Palm as a mash-up of the Eisenhower Pine and Randy calling @Soly “Soly Sollenberger”? I think yes. Maybe place a plaque? Damn a plaque would be sick.

After discussing with the co-chairs @JCO, @Hwhite, and @OffTheDole we’ve decided to trim down the “official” event to a Saturday morning round at Palatka with NIT spots on the line. The pro, Andy (not the guy in the video) said we can have as many tee times as we want prior to the 9:30 Men’s group going off so the more the merrier. Price will be $29 with free range balls.

Others are still welcome to attend any of the “spin-off” events (I’m contemplating Palm Valley Par 3 on Friday evening). I think @JCO is going to follow-up with additional details.

5 Likes

I have to throw my name into being available for EVERYTHING!!! Really stoked to meet as many Florida,and Florida adjacent, refugees as I can.

2 Likes

Just following up on @NoLayovers beautifully written post, although we have trimmed down the event to just Saturday at Palatka there will still be plenty of golf to be found.

I am still planning to check out Palm Valley Friday afternoon/evening and would love to play an early round Sunday morning at Jax Beach but realize not everyone wants to travel/stay overnight with Covid looming.

Looking forward to some golf!

1 Like

Also just asking for the good of the group, is Jax Beach still having their regular Thursday game that week?

1 Like

To follow-up what @Hwhite and @NoLayovers said, are people still planning on coming in early enough to play Friday morning? I got 5 tee times for South Hampton, and I was trying to decide if we actually need that many or any at all?

My guess would be yes, only time its been cancelled was Players week this year because of a jr. clinic.

1 Like

I’ll plan on attending the main event on Saturday morning. Likely will drive over and back same day.

6 Likes