(Scoring at Post 366) Florida Meetup - The StrappedDraw at Palatka Golf Club, August 1st

I booked an Airbnb for the weekend in Jax Beach so I’m still going to play the Saturday and whatever anyone else wants to do that we can get into (barring everything burning down around us).

Either way I’m gonna have a chill beach weekend with some golf.

1 Like

I’m still planning on arriving early Friday morning to play the full schedule of festivities. Even more jacked up now after the Crash Course episode! Looking forward to meeting some fellow Refugees!

4 Likes

https://refuge.nolayingup.com/t/nlu-crash-course/10797/124?u=nolayovers

3 Likes

Also, @Tron can we get moved over to the refuge/nit meetups topic instead of Travel Planning?

Lodgings booked! Set to arrive early enough Friday morning to start playing some golf as soon as I get there.

3 Likes

Still monitoring COVID, but plan is still to come up Thursday night, get motel, be ready to play Friday AM.

Wife won’t be coming, is iffy on me coming up. Florida is a hot mess right now.

3 Likes

Planning on two tee times Friday morning at 9:51 and 10. Should be 7 or 8 of us.

I will be there.

3 Likes

Me too!

3 Likes

I feel you because I’m in the same boat.

I’ll be there for Saturday 100%, masked up, big sun hat, and a big ol’ bottle of hand sanitizer.

2 Likes

I saw these 50 gallon barrels of sanitizer that are on casters. So maybe you could hire a caddy to push you and the clubs?

1 Like

Morning Fellas,

Trying to get a head count for how many might show up for the surrounding rounds at Palm Valley Par 3 Friday night and Jax Beach early Sunday morning. Also how early are we looking to play Sunday morning?

Adding it to the google sheet would be super helpful, crack on! (Post 202)

I’m in for all of the things, just added my name on rosters.

2 Likes

Guys, I’m dreadfully sorry, but I’ve decided against participation and thus need to drop out.

I’ve got a really bad feeling about COVID, and my job, and all kinds of other stuff that it’s pretty much screaming for me to stay home where I have all my resources at this time.

5 Likes

Understandable, we will miss ya. Stay safe and healthy!

5 Likes

Will post more early next week, but just confirming for everyone:

• We have the 7:50 to 8:15 tee times (4 total) at Palatka next Saturday morning. Can get earlier ones if more people want to join.
    -Free range balls are included
    -We’ll post pairings later in the week along with some updates on local rules
    -In an effort to make this a fair fight I’ll also be posting my detailed course notes. These notes have been used in the Florida Azalea Amateur by the likes of PGA Tour Latinoamerica Q-school medalist AJ Crouch, and aspiring US Open Qualifier Chris Solomon

Format: Stableford Points game for qualifier spots. Side game of Canadian skins. Anyone playing opposite-handed will be shot on sight.

So pumped to get everyone together!

10 Likes

Pumped we’ll be doing stableford! Who needs more boring stroke play? Not this gui. Gonna be an awesome weekend.

7 Likes

We going stableford with full handicaps or quota?

Is Palatka the great course that claims to be a Ross but isn’t?

1 Like

I think that would be Hyde Park, Palatka looks to be much more of a Ross than Hyde Park and in my opinion a much better course. I’ll refer to @NoLayovers though he is our resident expert.

1 Like