Rustic Canyon Local Qualifier (Feb 2020)

Welcome to golf in America!

You’re lucky we’re open, kid. That’ll be $125.

11 Likes

I’ve only played there twice, but that’s the impression I get. I think the course is so good that they can get away with it. People will still come. Like Sweetens, even with no infrastructure, people will make a point to find and play it.

But man, when people are lining up to give you a pile of money: help them do it.

1 Like

Another great personal exchange…

I accidentally left my sunglasses in the cart on Sunday afternoon / evening, realized it first thing Monday AM.

First thing upon arrival, I see a different guy working the barn, ask him if he’s seen “a pair of Ray Bans in a black soft case”, he shows me a few of those like $5 gas station glasses…unfortunately not them, I tell him we what cart we were in, and he confirmed he just sent them off 1 tee probably 30 min ago, and then acts like he was going to run out there to check for me…comes back 10 minutes later and tells me to circle back in like 4 hours when cart 55 is back and see if they found them. I left VERY confused as to where he went for the previous 10 minutes.

I walk over to the shop, figuring I ask them if the guy from yesterday turned them in…the guy at the desk does the pats the desk, looks around, and says “nah man, I don’t see anything and didn’t hear of anything either”. Okay, no worries, here’s to hoping they’re still in the cart and those guys will do the right thing.

I come to the conclusion that they’re gone, and we go play. Much to my amazement, as we finish 18, I see it is the same cart guy from yesterday…he immediately recognizes me and says “yeah man, cart 55, right? I took them to the shop for ya”…AWESOME

I head back to the shop, different guy this time, but literally get the same answer…he may even pat his own pockets to make sure they didn’t somehow wind up in there, but comes back with “I’d head over to the cart barn and check with him”

I say, “I actually just checked with him, and he literally said he put them in here yesterday before leaving”. Guy kind of looks around again, just absolutely flabbergasted that I’m still hoping they are here.

Bends down in to the lost & found drawer (which I just now find out exists) and there they are sitting pretty on the top of the pile. He goes “these ones?”…just comical

33 Likes

The disconnect between how much of a customer service oriented business golf is and the amount of people that are terrible at customer service working in the golf business is always baffling to me.

15 Likes

Stoked to hear you found them!

1 Like

Sitting at LAX. Sort of Refuge trip adjacent but this is my second trip with this thing and if you guise don’t have one what are you even doing with your lives. It is an absolute game changer

11 Likes

I play a game of “How could I improve the customer service at this business in 10 minutes or less” with my wife at just about every public establishment we go to.

14 Likes

Me too, not sure if you overheard my explanation, but they were a Christmas present from the Mrs. and on top of potentially losing my sunglasses, I had a new 3W delivered to the house without her knowledge (that I was hoping to intercept on Saturday, and bring with, but UPS is M-F only)…so I was real nervous about potentially having to explain a new club on top of losing my brand news glasses…it all worked out

7 Likes

Dude…what kind of bag is it so I can know how to get one!?

Nice. Now stop flying into/out of LAX. Burbank is the real game changer, my friend.

1 Like

Yea this flight was 100$ cheaper from sacramento

1 Like

Did the 3 wood make it inside or was it out in the rain? Any comments from Stella’s Mom on that delivery?

Sun Mountain club glider. Buy it you will not regret

2 Likes

$100 or LAX is a legit tough call for me

2 Likes

Eh 100$ is 100$ That’s said yes this place is woat

LAX, the rental car sitch. The 405.

1 Like

It was inside, thankfully, minimal words were exchanged this morning. Myself on 4 hours of sleep, and her up early to get ready to head down to the Capitol…needless to say, she’s going to have to broach the topic if we’re going to talk about it…

2 Likes

Rental car sitch is terribad it went off without a hitch today though bus was sitting waiting for me.

A miracle in the city of angels!

1 Like

@jhkaplan swears by the sun mountain rolley magoos