Rustic Canyon Local Qualifier (Feb 2020)

(Unless I screwed something up, I think I) Just sent an email to Nest members with instructions on how to sign up for the Rustic Canyon local qualifier.

If you opted out of receiving emails, that’s kind of on you, but the text was:

I’m thrilled to officially open up NIT SZN with registration for our first-ever local qualifier at Rustic Canyon GC in Moorpark, CA. Tee times are booked from 10:50 to 11:50 a.m. on Monday, Feb. 10. (If need be, I’m happy to add a few more tee times before/after.)

If you’re able to join us at Rustic Canyon, simply reply to this email (If you’re reading this on The Refuge, shoot me a note – dj at no laying up dot com) with your name, Refuge username and handicap . Right now we have room for 26, in addition to myself and T. Ron Carter.

The format will be a handicapped stableford quota game similar to what the Strapped Boys play in their traditional “Money Rounds.” As of now, the top four finishers will earn exemptions into the season-ending Nest Invitational Tournament.

These local qualifiers are meant to be very informal gatherings (pop in the pro shop, pay your greens fee and hang out for some beers afterwards). Ideally, they’re a chance to get together at a great course and meet some other golf sickos in your area. If you’re not in Southern California, fear not! See below for a calendar of other NLU and Refuge events throughout 2020.

Godspeed!

16 Likes

I got an email, so I don’t think you screwed anything up! :slight_smile:
Love the handicapped stableford quota format.

3 Likes

@djpie @McSchvantz where does one verify their email subscription? I get tons of emails from the Refuge, but not seeing anything for this event.

3 Likes

Received! And, so comforting that you Pampered F*ks know how to use the flippin’ internet

5 Likes

@djpie As a technical FYI, I’ve not received the email, but I don’t think I opted out of them.

2 Likes

had to so some digging in my refuge emails as well, once i added the honorable @djpie to my contact list, it popped up in my inbox as a stand alone gmail conversation.

I would try messing around with security settings, especially if you have gmail cause their security settings are very gung-ho

1 Like

what’s the address it came from? not planning on playing, just trouble shooting to keep the hamster wheels turning.

Why do you psychos have email notifications on for this place?

7 Likes

dj@nolayingup.com

1 Like

Wish I was able to make it (being in LA during Oscar season alone would be awesome!). Unfortunately it’s a bit of too long of a trip. Hope that the Refuge Matches Instagram is able to make the trip!

1 Like

1 Like

Yikes. glad I didn’t oversleep. Tough drop for the locals.

5 Likes

Rise and shine! It’s already Saturday in China!

12 Likes

For gmail users it might have shown up in your promotions folder.

Checked all of my Gmail folders, but nothing yet.

Emailed directly. Can’t wait!

1 Like

No email here either. @djpie is there a way to see if we’ve somehow opted out of email? I get all the Refuge notification emails, but I doubt those are related to this kind of email campaign.

search your inbox for Rustic, it’ll pop up.

2 Likes

@djpie’s inbox right now

16 Likes

Or you’ll be reminded that you somehow ended up on Pottery Barn’s email list and can’t find a way to escape.

5 Likes

That’s a great question that I absolutely don’t have an answer to.

It would have been via Mail Chimp, not the Refuge, so it’s possible you have other Brand Blockers set up.