Rustic Canyon Local Qualifier (Feb 2020)

See you in a month or two, enjoy the ride

1 Like

I had been putting off the Oregon Trail thread because of it’s 4.5 hours of estimated read time and oh my what a mistake that was…

4 Likes

I’d argue Ruth’s Chris. Something beautiful about the Sawgrass location being voted the best restaurant on tour in numerous Golf Digest polls of Tour pros over the years when it’s part of a chain.

Burger King’s typical construction time is 90 days.

I think it’s been pretty clear, especially as of late, that Tour pros are idiots and clueless about what’s good/bad

7 Likes

This is some dedication right here, folks. A blustery round of golf, a high intensity playoff victory, winner of a skin, a 8ish hour drive back to Phoenix with rain for the last 90 minutes …

and this man still has time to pop onto the Refuge and post goodnight. Hero move right here.

5 Likes

Which is why it’s the perfect location if Applebee’s and Sizzler are being thrown around.

So I’m just gonna make this claim right now before anyone else tries to steal my thunder, but I was able to successfully navigate yesterdays round without a single par. Not one. In fact, I had a 5 foot downhiller for par at the last and was having a serious mental wrestling match with myself as to whether or not I should even try to make this. Luckily, my lack of skill took over for me, I pushed the putt out right, and history was preserved. So…who’s gonna be at Gearhart???

18 Likes

2 Likes

What a day! We got the full Rustic Canyon experience. The wind made any point earned well deserved. Coming up the canyon and into the wind from #4-13 was a true test of survival. But luckily what goes up must come down and there were some points to be had coming in on #14-18.

Great playing with @bmb430 and @CBDeerAntler81. One highlight was Bryan’s near eagle on #2 that was left hanging over the lip.

Congrats to @TravReid @Lazstradamus @Brick-Tamland on qualifying. Some truly impressive scores!

Great to meet the rest of the crew and special thanks to @djpie and @Tron for putting together a great event.

10 Likes

How was stableford format?

4 Likes

An absolute delight, I felt majorly freed up (especially given conditions) to just focus on making bogey and put it in the pocket when it got to double or worse.

2 Likes

Without trying to reiterate everything that’s been said about yesterday’s event I’ll add that @djpie & @Tron said afterwards that it was exactly what they’d hoped these regional qualifiers would be. Just a bunch of guys showing up for tee times and post-round drinks.

I didn’t qualify, didn’t win a skin, and literally shot triple digits but I cannot wait to get out with more Refugees. Yesterday cemented some terrible game thoughts in my head, the most powerful of which is “I’m just bad at golf” but the event was so much more than playing well.

My biggest regret: not wearing the eponymous @TacoBucket hat. Too windy even for the chin strap but the visor didn’t adequately corral my “Pantene commercial hair” (s/o @GremlinGolfer). Better luck next time.

20 Likes

Do guys like you even get double bogeys? I fond it hard to believe!

Just out of curiosity, handicaps of the winners?

Feel like we’d be remiss to not mention a near-live Silk Road sale happening, when we discovered @TacoBucket’s “3W” (RBZ, need I say more) matched nearly perfectly with @GremlinGolfer’s pineapple shirt. Was a match made in heaven, but negotiations broke down quickly when Will started at $100 for the cover…

2 Likes

Me: “name your price, Will!!”
Will: “$100”
Me: “no”

That was the extent of the negotiations. I got quickly distracted by the quesadillas.

14 Likes

I was convinced that was your bag when I saw it in the morning. More than that, I wondered, how many headcovers does Pat have that match shirts?

3 Likes

Quesadillas? Early group privilege, folks.

4 Likes