Rustic Canyon Local Qualifier (Feb 2020)

My first time playing quota and I really liked it.

2 Likes

Guise, I’m hungover again and can’t wait to get to the Sizzler in Jacksonville for the opening dinner in November.

My take on yesterday:
You gotta play the format. Whether it’s a bogey or a birdie, be excited anytime you put points on the board.

As Brooks Koepka points out; half the field will fold. So if it’s 28 guis for 4 spots, it’s really 14 guis for 4 because 50% of any golf field mentally ejects when there are stakes.

@mjbartz was what we all should aspire to be on the course- you would have thought he was setting the course record instead of having a bad day- that’s how positive his energy was despite struggling to score. Made a big difference in our group with the sublime @matthew823, @pushdraw and @Tron.

No free ads but I’d like to thank my coach @iacas who has eliminated my lifelong nemesis (the big left miss) and has my driver peaking at the right time. (Next we do pitch shots, coach.)

14 Likes

Still dodging that balky putter, I see…

2 Likes

Not at all, I can quit anytime I want. I just use a little bit on weekends. Like everyone else. I can quit anytime I want. It’s fine.

11 Likes

Also shoutout to @Lazstradamus for the his victory in our match. I got him on the front nine but his dominant back nine was enough to take a few of my dollars.

Same for @leric90. Hope my money bought you a few cheeseburgers.

6 Likes

Does he do psychology?

3 Likes

He’s got to wait almost 10 years though to get back at you in the Duel to End the Decade.

5 Likes

Kind of? I mean, it’s taken some work, but I swing as hard as I want now with zero fear of the sweeping hook. There’s a more liberated mindset for sure and that’s at least psychologically-adjacent.

Guys can someone explain Yvgeni? Don’t want to risk future disqualification.

1 Like

He’s a…contractor.

20 Likes

The Oregon Trail can, buckle up!

1 Like

Read this entire thread. Then report back to us.

https://refuge.nolayingup.com/t/oregon-trail-refuge-edition-liroy-is-on-the-trail/8228

7 Likes

There are really a couple of threads that should be required reading - Oregon Trail and the first Cincinnati Duel thread being two of them.

4 Likes

On it boss man

2 Likes

give this man a medal.

I think this right. In my mind, these two threads were when the refuge became The Refuge.

4 Likes

Not to bum you out, @Lazstradamus, but there are no Sizzler locations in the North Florida region. The closest one is in Kissimmee, outside of Orlando.

If there is an opening dinner, I would recommend taking over Valley Smoke BBQ in Palm Valley / Ponte Vedra. Great BBQ, desserts, and proximity to TPC Sawgrass.

3 Likes

If China can build a “hospital” in 10 days, then Jax can build a Sizzler in 8.5 months

16 Likes

Just finished @JBors Icarito esk run as Jason from Michigan. A true masterclass from @Lazstradamus. Should probably do some work, coworkers are wondering why I’m hyper focused on my screen and keep chuckling every 5 minutes

7 Likes

Ah…good times.

Fun fact, Jason was loosely based on the character Karl Welzein. If you know, you know, you guys.

4 Likes