Rustic Canyon Local Qualifier (Feb 2020)

Dude, it’s a good movie.

5 Likes

Listen, for sure.

8 Likes

Just arrived back home after some hours in the car. Haven’t read any comments so I’ll post my stream of consciousness:

• first off, big thanks to the NLU gang, specifically @djpie and @Tron, for the hospitality today and for making this thing (and the next 50 things we get together at) possible. And for Tron dealing with the math at the end.
  • can’t say enough about the new personalities I met today. The “lurkers” are out there, folks. And they can golf their ball. Such a fun group of guis.
  • Rustic Canyon is an incredibly difficult course to score on. Makes you want to pull your hair out. But it makes you want to come back tomorrow to conquer the holes you failed. That’s what makes it fantastic.
  • my playing partners, @enriquedlcm and @leric90 were true gentleman and good competition.
  • as a balding man, seeing @TacoBucket and @pushdraw on the same property destroyed my psyche before the round began. It was like a Pantene commercial on the practice green.
  • shoutout to the Mid-Am qualifying 4. The Applebee’s in Jacksonville won’t know what hit em. Great playing today.
  • if you ever have a 4 hour drive or flight to knock out, the Trap Draw: Tiger Woods 2009-2018 + The NLU Ryder Cup History: 1999-2016 History Podcasts are perfection.
  • we all made new friends today. That’s all you can hope for when you go tee it. Craic on.
39 Likes

Just caught up On all the coverage takes.

I stand with Lance Barrow.

Happy birthday, Lance.

3 Likes

02:00, we are back in Phoenix. What. A. Day.

Going to be a great 3.5-4 hours of sleep

9 Likes

This is getting me pre-maturely excited for the Denison Book and Supper Club sponsored by @Randy

2 Likes

Roberto DiVencenzo anybody?

2 Likes

“What a stupid I am!” - @pushdraw probably

1 Like

That hurts, wasn’t me! It was actually only uncovered in determining skins game results. Two birdies on 2, one of which was on the card as a circled 4. Took it to the auditors for immediate correction

1 Like

I’m shook.

Oldest post from those 3 combined is Dec. 10.

I’m shook.

I…I…don’t even know what to feel.

(50+% of the NIT field wont know who Ygveni is…what kind of world are we building here?)

9 Likes

New guis and lurkers are people too!

Don’t like it? Play better.

10 Likes

New Rule:

much like If you don’t have Nest membership at time of qualification…you will have the obligation to sign up

also, if you have not participated in a Refuge Game show or Swing roast…you will have the obligation to #getinvolved.

3 Likes

We need to pick someone at each event to pretend to be some guy named Yvgeni, and if there isn’t immediate skepticism or concern in someone when they’re introduced to Yvgeni, they’re disqualified from NIT contention.

4 Likes

Well said! Great day and thanks to all involved

This might just be me, but every SINGLE time Laz posts the name Ygveni, I spend 5-10 seconds trying to determine whether he’s intentionally spelling it that way and means Yvgeni, or whether this Commie bastard’s parents couldn’t spell, or whether Ygveni is also an Eastern bloc name, just less common than Yvgeni. I’m a complete pretzel over here

11 Likes

this is hilarious:

@anon26814599 is a related search term.

18 Likes

Laz just PUMPING metadata into those images. Would expect nothing less from a consummate salesgui

5 Likes

“dru love”

Was the stableford for Rustic net or gross scoring? What were the point assignments? Looking to use this format for an upcoming trip.

1 Like

Gross stroke play, handicaps just set your quota

8 - eagle
4 - birdie
2 - par
1 - bogey
0 - double +

Honestly, had a ton of fun playing the format, if you’re playing among sticks, maybe consider making a double+ a -1 instead?