Roll Call: Wisconsin - We're So Back

anyone here played Glen Erin in Janesville? Scrolling through some best of lists and have seen it pop up a few times. Based on the photos online it looks like it’s either awesome or crappy. Have no idea.

1 Like

Hope all of you made it out on the golf course today. It was a special kind of late October weather. I played the golf course I grew up on; River Run in Sparta.

3 Likes

It’s pretty fun. Some holes on the back are very tight but otherwise I think it is a pretty decent course. A bit quirky but riverside+glen Erin is a decent 36 hole day

1 Like

GE is my home course. I’d say it’s definitely closer to awesome than crappy. The front is fun and then it gets tough on the back, especially 12 and 15 (maybe my two least favorite holes on the entire planet).

3 Likes

Hey Guis,

A sign up for The Return to the Birthplace of Strapped event next year has been posted. Sign up if you like a good time!

4 Likes

You know my feelings on Iowa, but damn it if you don’t make a good argument to come down.

2 Likes

Guis, just drove past Spring Valley. There’s snow accumulating on the greens.

3 Likes

Is spring valley open still?

Thinking about playing Wednesday afternoon. Would also consider del brook or cc estates…

Delbrook is not open, Lake Lawn is I believe

1 Like

SVCC is open.

1 Like

Any interest in trying to get a Wisconsin Roost together?

100%

In the interest of helping out whoever wants to run the roost around here:

1 Like

I’ll be down to help the Wisconsin Roost numbers.

1 Like

It’s a broken link for me. For the uninitiated, what’s a roost?

https://refuge.nolayingup.com/t/2022-refuge-roosts-local-clubs-club-championship-outline/63652?u=ptm

Regional sub-Nest societies.

1 Like

I’m already planning the “Ope”-in part Deux so I’ll have to participate only. But will also help with things as I can.

It seems fitting to have @PTM everybody’s favorite Illinois based Wisconsinite lead us into battle.

2 Likes

I spend 12 hours a day in Wisconsin during golf season, it’s a wash.

Does the Spring Valley event count for both Roosts activity levels?

Oh, I was being serious. You can lead me into battle any day, I’ll bring surprise bourbon.

1 Like

Listening to the pod about Roosts, pretty sure the whole idea is the Ope-In, except national.

We may want to workshop this a little bit given this development because the overlap is apparent.

2 Likes