Roll Call: Wisconsin - We're So Back

Yeah it’s sweet. I walked it 5-10 times this year at twilight and loved it. I was also surprised by Eagle Springs and Wild Rock after playing them for the first time this year.

2 Likes

Same. I enjoyed 2021 Woodlands way more than 2020 Woodlands. Incredible improvements out there.

4 Likes

Viroqua Hills. A phenomenal course for the cost (under $30), with great green complexes and some wild terrain. Shoutout @DWise for the strong recommendation.

2 Likes

We took a family trip to Door County and snuck in rounds at The Orchards and Peninsula State Park course.

I thought the PSP course was fantastic. Course architecture wont win any awards but overall a very enjoyable round. Solid conditioning, fun/varying shots, good views of the bay, friendly staff.

Whoa, TIL Viroqua has a golf course. Obi Wan voice: Thats a name I haven’t heard in years. My mom’s side is from La Farge so we used to hit the malt shop in Viroqua when we visited. Will have to check out the course.

1 Like

What were the improvements / changes? I played for the first time in September, so no reference but remember the course pretty well still and enjoyed the hell out of it.

Bunker and tree removals.

For example:

2 Likes

2 Likes

Some of the greenside bunkers were filled in and actually used to expand the greens. It allowed them to put some new grades in the greens making it fun for every handicap while eliminating the bunkers that kill mostly high-handicappers.

1 Like

You’re welcome for the company.

1 Like

Big development in the last month, figured out my driver again.

1 Like

That makes me absolutely pumped to hear. Can’t wait to tee it up with you again!

1 Like

Have they started to use the new green on 18 yet? That old green tucked way behind the trees on the right was ridiculous for a closing Par 5.

Still using the old green.

1 Like

My wife’s family is from Viroqua and being in La Crosse now it’s well worth the hour drive for me. Let me know if you’re ever in the area and want to play.

1 Like

Really enjoy Cumberland. Play there every year or so on our annual buddies fall golf trip. Back 9 is tight, but very fun and playable.

2 Likes

My father in law is a member and I play a match play weekend event there every year. It’s my home away from home.

Back 9 is tight but once you figure it out it’s fun.

Glad you enjoyed it. Such an enjoyable golf course.

1 Like

I’ve driven by there the couple times I’ve gotten to play Big Foot and it looks really cool.
I need to check it out.

2 Likes

Love me some CCE!

1 Like