Roll Call: Wisconsin - We're So Back

I’m sure The Oaks was open 2 weeks ago.

2 Likes

Geneva National opens tomorrow, heading there for some twilight

1 Like

Is The Bridges ever dry enough to have people on it?

5 Likes

That dump probably never closed.

2 Likes

Guis, it’s our lucky day!

3 Likes

My wife has an app that tracks 911 dispatches. I feel like I should also download that to track how often people get beaned out there.

2 Likes

Eagle springs also open!

3 Likes

Heading there on Sunday

My family is starting to look into private clubs in the Lake Country area - does anyone in here have any recommendations on clubs to look into or avoid? I’ve reached out to Legends, Chenequa, and Westmoor at this point to begin evaluating options and appreciate any insight.

Classic post winter ice still in the cup

2 Likes

If Watertown is in your geographic range, I can send over the info packet.

What’s the story with Watertown? Likes? Dislikes?

Love

If you wouldn’t mind sending it over, that would be great! It may be on the edge of the radius but would appreciate looking nonetheless.

Will do. I’m heading up to watch basketball there tomorrow and will send a copy.

1 Like

Fun course. Good people. They’re making a lot of improvements as well. 2 simulator bays going in over the winter was a real plus.

Clubhouse could use some updates but that’s not something that really bugs me personally. Makes it feel like if Strapped were a country club.

And I’m not sure any private course in the area comes close to a more economically priced membership.

2 Likes

Anyone have any recommendations for hotels in the Madison area? My top option was Hilton Garden Inn, but I waited too long and it’s sold out. Is it worth it to overpay for a Hampton Inn to stay near the stadium, or should we walk/Uber to a different area to stay/eat/drink? Would love some recommendations on specific hotels with easy access to Camp Randall as well as good food/drink options.

This place is awesome!! And pet friendly!! But I imagine it could be pretty pricey on a game weekend…

Graduate Madison
(608) 257-4391

2 Likes

I’m too cheap to pay the prices I’m seeing for Hilton/Marriott properties anywhere close to campus. So my inclination would be to stay either out on the east or west side of town, Uber in as early as possible in the morning (depending on kickoff), tailgate, game, hang out downtown, and then Uber back at the end of the day.

Is it as convenient as staying near the Capitol/campus, no, but it’ll be a hell of a lot cheaper in the end.

5 Likes

How is Uber/Lyft in Madison? Is surge pricing going to be insane or do they have a ton of vehicles? Is there an area/neighborhood that’s better than others for lodging/food?