Roll Call: Wisconsin - Hibernation

Any of you fools going to the Packer game tomorrow? I’ll be there!

4 Likes

Knowing rich guys is fun.

14 Likes

Go Pack Go! Enjoy!

1 Like

:wave: :wave: :wave:

Hello there Wisconsin. Pacific Northwesterner (and WAZZU alum) here who is heading to Madison in September for the Cougs/Badgers game. We’ll be in Wisconsin from 9/9-9/14. Rough agenda:

(The original plan was Sand Valley, but apparently they are booked up for 2022 already… lesson learned).

• 9/9 arrive in Chicago, drive to Madison
  • 9/10 tailgate the hell out of the football game
  • 9/11 head to Kohler, playing Blackwolf Run (Meadow Valleys)
  • 9/12 Playing Whistling Straits (Straits and Irish)
  • 9/13 Playing Blackwolf Run (River) in the afternoon
  • 9/14 Fly out of Milwaukee

We would love to connect with as many Refugees as possible while there, both for the game as well as some golf. We might have some open spots in our foursomes (we have 4 tee times) and we might try to sneak in another 18 either at Lawsonia or Erin Hills so the options to join us should be endless. Also open to any and all Wisconsin suggestions, golf or non-golf.

cc: @decentschott

7 Likes

Hi guys

I’ve tried to read up on the thread and figure out where the hell I need to sign up for things as a newbie to the WI gang. But with the chicago roost talk and other topics in here I’m not 100% sure

Can someone guide me

Cheers
Rags

@Ragsy47, welcome!

You’re in the right spot, for sure.

First Wisconsin based event for 2022 is the 2nd Annual Burban Memorial NLU Golf Classic at Spring Valley Country Club in Salem Lakes.

1 Like

Did not know Abbey Springs went under the knife in July.

Lots of progress pictures. Been a long time since I’ve been there, will be interesting to see in the spring.

2 Likes

Speaking of that area, has anyone played big foot? How is it?

1 Like

Bigfoot is awesome. Really fun Bendelow course that got a pretty good restoration job a few years ago.
If anyone offers to get you on jump at the chance.
My favorite course in LG by a mile.

1 Like

Yeah I’m gonna try and get out there this season. It’s somewhat odd to me that it and LGCC aren’t included on any “lists”. Not that lists mean much but their flat out omission is surprising. Even on something like top100golf who goes pretty deep. :man_shrugging:t2:

My dad and his buddies had the single worst golf experience ever at LGCC. They got “asked to leave” after 6 holes b/c they had a member buy them beer. :rofl: not even joking. Luckily they went over to Bigfoot and the day turned out great but just wow. Still laugh about it today. My dads friend is in the golf industry and brought the head pro a nice gift bag and custom putter for getting them out there and they still got “asked to leave”.

2 Likes

wow that’s just bizarre!

i played LGCC this past year with a friend. the member we played with was extremely nice and gracious. i thought, overall, it was far less “stuffy” than i thought it would be.

the course itself didn’t blow me away… but it’s an awesome spot, great views, and it was fun.

Nailed it.

4 Likes

New here, originally from Kansas. Moved to MKE about 5 yrs ago.

5 Likes

I think the issue with putting private courses in the Lake Geneva area on a list, is that a lot of people who are members there prefer the exclusivity and mystery of their courses. They are much different than Bluemound or Westmoor in the fact that they are part of the CDGA (Chicago Golf District) and are in a strange place for people who want to get out there.

1 Like

I hear you.

It’s still interesting to me. There are far more exclusive and prestigious clubs included on lists, ya know?

1 Like

Absolutely

Looks like SentryWorld redid their pricing structure. $275 now gets you 18 holes + all-inclusive food & booze on the course. They also stretched out tee time intervals to 20 minutes. Thoughts?

I hold SentryWorld a bit lower than others, so I’m not sure I’m the best person to ask. That being said…

Is it a good course, sure. To make it worth $275 to me, I’m going to be shit-faced when I get off the course…

I guess in the end I just find it a little odd. Is that what we’re asking for in a golf course experience?

I haven’t played there myself, but based on other’s opinions I’ve heard, I had the same thoughts on the volume of booze needed to make it worth it.