The 4th Burban Up In Smoke (Salem Lakes, WI): April 20th - Sign up Post 821

Fellow polite midwesterners,

Talked to Spring Valley last night and we are a go.

What : Spring Rumspringa at Spring Valley
When : April 3rd, tee times starting at 10am.
Where : Spring Valley Country Club in Salem Lakes, WI
Why : A early season WD-40 and meet-up before Match Play kicks off

Sign-up Here:

CC: @EConroy419 @Setwilli @Pinehurts @Bbadower @Hawkeye89 @Ballgame @midwestgolfbum @andrewf @pfeil41 @jbrey @theDaveT @jknudtson @baldvinny @ChiFFI @HackMarkham @brettfreddy5 @jsauce @Slick @Dashfast @BigBird @BabblingBrooksKoepka @jasonpp @chrisisoutrunning

Hey @Eggman , you want in?

8 Likes

I heard Rumspringa for the first time last night watching Longmire and now I see this?

Might be a sign.

2 Likes

In

1 Like

Spring training jerseys/hats encouraged?
Watching Kingpin afterwards?

Edit: Sex Drive is an excellent Rumspringa adjacent movie that is perfect for a lazy afternoon

2 Likes

Last time I played Spring Valley the random guys we were paired with were shirtless…so I assume jerseys are ok

3 Likes

If things go to plan (and hey, if the past year is any indication, should be smooth sailing, right?) this will be right after some Florida golf for me. This would be my first Refuge event. Looking forward to it!

1 Like

Hey guis, all this additional snow over the weekend got me motivated to come up with a few (a lot) of logo ideas for the event. Maybe we could turn it into a custom scorecard or something?

8 Likes

Like the one without the holeđź‘Ť

2 Likes

+1 on the one top middle. Maybe an alt with a golf club instead of a pitchfork? These are great. I like the barn, too.

3 Likes

I’m with the others, too middle would get my top vote. Solid job overall tho, looks good!

1 Like

I dig 1, 2, 3.

1 Like

Top middle is my pick. What’s the plan with the logo? I bet that would look sick on a custom scorecard.

1 Like

Custom scorecards do sound sick. Anyone want to give guidance on developing that?

In, if the snow isn’t melted I’ll probably be down the street skiing anyways.

Is it possible to have the top right but without “18 holes” in print?

Yeah I can add or subtract anything really. Seems like the cheesy sign out front of the course isn’t very popular

1 Like

I think the sign is great, just remove the words 18 holes. Maybe substitute something NLU related there instead

Edit:Home of PTM would be nice

1 Like

THE SIGN IS A GOD DAMN ICON TO ME DAMNIT!

sentence

1 Like

Haha, @chockfullofthat can I get help here?

2 Likes

All of my research (clicking on two Google search results) points to most “custom” scorecard companies just fulfilling mass orders for courses. One of them was advertising how they make Palatine Hills’ card. So that option could be out.

If someone is good at photoshop/design(?) we could probably just make our own and run the order through a printshop.

1 Like