Roll Call: Western New York, Lake Effect Roost sign up,

Played in the RDGA Qualifier there last year and it really intensified my hatred for the course. Just so penal off the tee. Makes for a miserable round.

1 Like

Summer tournament/competitive golf schedule should be pretty locked in

5/15/2023 BDGA Mid Am Cherry Hill

5/16/2023 BDGA Mid Am Cherry Hill

6/26/2023 NYS Am Series Stafford

7/10/2023 NYS Am Series Brook Lea

8/17/2023 USGA Mid Am Q Country Club of Buffalo

8/30/2023 NYS Mid Am Q Pendleton Creek

3 Likes

Is brook lea good?

Also canā€™t believe a competitive event is at tan Tara (Pendleton creek)

I like Brook Lea itā€™s short but fun

Pendleton Creek has hosted tons of qualifiers these past few years for some reason

I like Brook Lea a lot. Itā€™s never going to be able to compete with the upper echelon private clubs in the Rochester area, but I try to play it whenever I get a chance. Old school Donald Ross layout.

2 Likes

Glad you guys are coming upstate but Iā€™ve played 3 of the turning stone courses previously and they rank up there as some of the least enjoyable rounds Iā€™ve ever had. With the exception of Atunyote my only memories of that place is how many irons I hit off the tee that still went OB

3 Likes

100%

my group and I won a silent auction for a round at brook lea last year at an RDGA event, Iā€™m looking forward to playing it this summer

1 Like

Walk me through this a bit, I understand Stablefordā€¦ but 90% handicap?

So im currently sitting at 13, so 90% would be 11.7?

36-11 would put me at 25ā€¦ so my quota is 25? apologies, our normal game is a high score buys the first round kind of thing, some of these things are still a bit foreign to me.

The 90 is just what seems like what everyone else is does. But if you have ghin, you can look up your course handicap from sleeved tee and put 90% handicap in and it shows you what you get there.

1 Like

2 rounds in so far on the season, taking this weekend off to get the Mrs. to filing day and get the yard summer ready. Where has everyone been playing? The casual winter seems to have been a great gift to the areaā€™s courses, feel like weā€™ll be at ideal conditions a lot sooner then normal.

2 Likes

Just played at Shelridge in Medina. And as usual play the 9 hole executive course in my town. But i play there year round lol.

2 Likes

@Pendo23 and I got out to Byrncliff last weekend. It was in amazing shape.

5 Likes

Played it again today! Just needs a little more sun and heat. Greens are a tad slower than typical. Other than that, fantastic condition

1 Like

Heard Ivy was really good this weekend

Anyone here played Lockport town and country? Anyone have access?? Looks like sick golden age-ish??

1 Like

I have played it a handful of times. In a scramble. I can get access to play just havenā€™t. Really want to. Itā€™s a nice course. Some quirky holes but course is well maintained.

2 Likes

Drove by that course not too long ago, and it does look really cool. Asked my buddy who is from Lockport and he said he really likes it.

2 Likes

Sup, guis. A friend and I are driving in from Ohio to catch the Saturday round at the PGA Championship. Plan is to stop and play some golf Friday on the way.

Any recs for golf on Friday or food/brews/etc the rest of the weekend?