Roll Call: Washington DC/DMV Area

I’d say go to his house and take practice shots at his windows!!

It could be worse. The guys at Golf Doctor had my Miura wedges for over a year waiting on parts before I just took them back.

Yea…so this has come together pretty quickly, but I’m now moving “home” to Houston in March (I know…very sad to be leaving y’all, but excited to be close to family again) - and honestly one of the logistical things that’s taking up a disproportionate amount of my brain space is what happens if he doesn’t get my irons done before I leave.

We’ve got a month, so I feel like there’s still time, but I’m also not exactly confident, and I can’t say I’m bullish on the idea of him successfully shipping them to Texas.

2 Likes

That is tough, as a Houstonian myself I’m a bit jealous, though! I might send him a note and let him know the situation—and that you’d prefer to avoid shipping if possible. One of the things he does for iron builds is a complimentary adjustment after a few rounds (or at least he did when I bought from him pre-COVID), so he might even want to get them in your hands with time to make sure they’re a good fit before you go.

1 Like

Yea that’s a good point. I’m on the “call at a different time of day ever few days hoping to catch him” train at the moment. Haven’t pulled it off yet, but fingers crossed this is the week.

If you’re ever back down visiting folks, let me know and we can try to meet up for a round!

2 Likes

Update on my front: clubs in hand. I went with the telemarketing approach and just called daily. Miraculously the day I got through to him, my clubs were ready to pick up. In total it was about 10.5 weeks from fitting to picking up the clubs. He also mentioned the free adjustment that I’ll go for in a few weeks. Good luck.

2 Likes

I’ve heard good things. Haven’t done it myself, I go through my local pro. General advice, never get fitted without a Trackman.

Successfully got ahold of him this week too. Took him a bit to shuffle through a bunch of papers and then look up his Titleist order status, but he proclaimed it was “ready to ship” which means he should have them next week - fingers crossed for week of the 21st.

1 Like

I can confirm through a friend that works at FJ that Titleist is having trouble fulfilling orders due to supply chain issues

1 Like

I saw the Roosts section from the NLU email from Monday. Is there still a sign-up for the Capital Region Roost?

Thanks

1 Like

I’ve added you to the roster, you should receive a notification shortly! Once you get that, check out the Roost page and welcome thread, and DM me if you have any questions.

1 Like

I’m going to be in the Dulles area this weekend. What are the best places to play within a hour and a half or so?

1 Like

Bull Run, Westfields, or cross over into Maryland for Falls Road. 1757 is right next to Dulles but it’s a bit of an odd layout with water on 15 of 18 holes.

1 Like

To add to what DC3 putter said.
An hour and a half away opens a lot of opportunities. Going a little farther out and north into gives you great courses like Worthington Manor, PB Dye, WhiskeyCreek, Blue Mash. In Virginia you’ve got Stonewall, Laurel Hill, Bristow Manor and Raspberry Falls in Leesburg. You could even go out towards the Shenandoah/ Front Royal and find courses there. Lots of options with a travel window that size.

About an hour-hour 15 away is schoolhouse nine as well, which is a beautiful spot in the VA mountains

1 Like

Hey guys - first post here despite joining awhile ago, trying to get on more.

@RobertHunter i’m interested in joining the Capital Region Roost, live in North Arlington and looking to get out more. Grew up on the MD side, so very familiar with those in addition to the normal rota of VA courses out around Dulles. Hope to get out with you guys this spring!

Griffin

1 Like

Just added you to the page, you should have received a notification. Give the welcome thread a quick read and let me know if you have any questions!

Hello sir @RobertHunter I was also hoping to join the roost. I live up in Towson, just north of Baltimore, but was hoping to make it out to at least one event this year. Been slackin on the message boards lately but trying to get back into it and #getinvolved

2 Likes

Jump in the MD/Baltimore chat. A lot of banter and weekly games

1 Like

Hello sir @RobertHunter live out in Warrenton VA would love to get involved and join the roost. Want to make it out to a few events this year and love to follow along. Never been on the refuge so been hard finding how to get in touch.

3 Likes