Roll Call: Washington DC/DMV Area

From Alexandria, I’d say Laurel Hill would be my first get. Played Westfields last weekend and it was in pretty good shaope. If you are more mobile, Worthington Manor (up 270 in MD).

3 Likes

Depends on how far you’re willing to venture out. My favorite publics on the Maryland side include Blue Mash, University of Maryland, Whiskey Creek, and Hampshire Greens. I haven’t played much in VA, but Laurel Hill is great, and I’ve heard good things about 1757 and Raspberry Falls.

In DC there are the 3 courses under new management by National Links Trust -https://www.playdcgolf.com/. While a few years away from much needed renovations, there’s a lot of history there and would recommend East Potomac.

1 Like

I’m very biased but you should play at least one of either Langston and East Potomac’s Blue Course while you’re here. Depending on how far you’re willing to drive, there are tons of interesting courses open to the public. From two Strantz courses down in Richmond, Schoolhouse Nine over by Shenandoah, and up to Bulle Rock in Maryland.

3 Likes

The wife had a special request for a place with amazing dim sum, anyone have any go to restaurants?

I’m not sure if this counts as Dim Sum but Tiger Fork in Blagden Alley is excellent

3 Likes

Da Hong Pao on 14th st NW is excellent

2 Likes

Hey all, I’m relatively new to DC and the site/message boards. I just joined the WhatsApp thread that’s posted in a message above and just wanted to know where is best to go to be a part of the conversation and meet up with people to play in and around DC. Thanks.

Sounds like you’re already there. People organize rounds on there all the time.

2 Likes

The WhatsApp has been pretty active lately and if you’re brave enough to play in the cold guise have been getting out a good amount lately. Other than that, this thread and the specific VA or MD threads are the spots to #getinvolved locally.

3 Likes

@RobertHunter and I sloshed through 18 at East Potomac today. There are few signs of life from NLT as they have several drainage projects and clearing projects out on the course. Not very crowded. Course needs a solid week or two of good temps and no more rain to firm up. Some of the greens you had to put through water. Made for an interesting round. None the less we made the best of it. image|287x500

4 Likes

How does one get into the WhatsApp group?

1 Like

This should work

2 Likes

after Sunday’s round I’m debating joining this. seems like some cool stuff even though Im generally far far away

3 Likes

Can’t believe I never saw this DC thread. I grew up in NOVA and finally moved into DC proper about 5 years ago. East Potomac is an 8 minute drive for me. I try to play there once a month, but I do go up to Worthington Manor a lot to play with some friends.

3 Likes

Have two spots open for the 6:50am tee time at East Potomac on Saturday if anyone is interested. Let me know.

East Potomac Plan was just released. So far only seen it on Instagram so don’t have hi res yet

Interesting that they didn’t use the new east Potomac golf links branding

4 Likes

2 spots available at university of Maryland on Friday 9:20 am if anyone’s interested.

Shoutout to the 2 different Nesticles I saw at Langston this afternoon. Always cool seeing other people out randomly with the same sick obsession I have.

2 Likes

After talking with @vols89 who was there with me, one of the mentioned guys was @mintbucket

I noticed his Linksoul shirt, and he saw my NLU headcover/towel, but I wasn’t driving the cart. We were in town (DC and surrounding areas) for our annual golf buddies trip tournament. Played Renditions, Langston, and Westfields. East Potomac got rained out/cancelled due to exhaustion from the 95* temps we weren’t expecting.

Westfields definitely shined as it was an incredible course. Loved seeing Langston and the amount of people out there walking, and from all walks of life. Cant wait to get back in a couple years once NLT has made their impact. Renditions was fun, but the back 9 ate our lunch. Not sure if the heat or alcohol played into that, but I’d say it probably did.