Roll Call: WA (PNW Crew) - 2024 RTGS Sign-Ups in Post 2715

As someone who recently moved to the PNW, I can’t tell you how great it is to learn of a respected local radio team named Softy & Dick … “can you feel it now?”

7 Likes

It’s the little things, like that, that really make this place special :laughing:

Have you started saying, “Hey, look, the mountain is out” yet?

4 Likes

My need for golf has turned into buying shit on CPO. I bought two putters within hours of each other and can’t stop looking at stuff. I’m a junkie and would like a fix please. But somehow I haven’t touched a club since this started :man_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

I rolled up my putter mat and put it under the bed. It was an epic tease.

Inslee mentioning very little changing on 5/4 — Didn’t specifically say golf in or out but he directly mentioned outdoor activities.

Vague and no details.

Cool.

I think/hope golf will be included…along with opening parks, trail heads, etc.

Another presser today at 2:30pm. Wondering if there will be any(more) specifics.

2 Likes

Seems like we’re avoiding specifics at all costs at this point which is arguably a legitimate strategy. It’s not like the businesses that are opening are going to need a ton of notice to open and once the genie is out of the bottle, there’s no putting it back for a while.

1 Like

I disagree on ambiguity being good here. Inslee has no real answers.

Going to head to OR to go play soon depending on weather and schedule.

2 Likes

You can certainly disagree but from a perspective of not wanting to open the flood gates, it’s a pretty effective strategy, even if you think he stumbled into it.

1 Like

I read it as “I have no 'effing clue what to do in this unprecedented time, but the experts are saying hold out, so we are just going to keep stay-at-home for now,” which is honestly what we’d all be doing up there.

However, does he need to hold a press conference every day to tell us this? No.

This is a good point, erring on the side of caution is good and also likely to draw opposition, but the criticism would probably dial back a bit if he just stayed quiet for one or two days at a time.

1 Like

I’m hoping the order is lifted soon. I’ve already ordered two new putters and I don’t wanna spend more time on eBay or CPO.

1 Like

I’m pretty excited to get a club fitting when this is all over. I’ve saved up for a new set accidentally while not going outside.

1 Like

I’ll take the Gov Inslee communications approach vs the Gov Kemp approach.

Pretty clear that Inslee is going to be pretty cautious with this re-opening. But…I think if the data shows that we’re on the back side of this curve, golf would be one of the first things he lifts (just based on his comments on the radio).

Let’s vote!

• Inslee will let us tee it up on May 1
  • We won’t be yelling FORE until May 15
  • I’m quitting golf

0 voters

1 Like

You should change this to May 5th, seems like that would be the date. No?

2 Likes

I agree. He seems to be standing by that May 4th/5th date for now

Can’t change it for some reason. BUT, the reason I chose the 1st was Inslee was suggesting in his remarks that if the data came in this week and it was positive, he’d consider changing some policies around outdoor activities even before the 4th.

Very very very optimistic on the 5th or the 15th.

My guess is still June/July if at all.

Lol, what?