Roll Call: WA (PNW Crew) - 2024 RTGS Sign-Ups in Post 2715

This honestly sounds like we are powering the 2019/2020 Phil regime, and look where that got him! Wait…

1 Like

You’re saying this like its not a sell for me… I’m not seeing the drawback??

You’re right, time for bombs!

2 Likes

Logo and motto in the works:

Screen Shot 2020-04-08 at 10.14.12 PM

“Look good. Feel Good. Play Good. No Judgement Here.”

PNW crew… thoughts?

3 Likes

Saw a few posts last week on FB from someone who appeared to be playing Horseshoe Lake GC in Port Orchard. They look to be open? Can anyone verify?

Not sure if I’d go play or not, but the weather this week is great. Port Orchard is a bit of a haul for me. Hmmm.

Inslee’s edict means anyone operating golf in WA is doing so illegally.

I don’t know if this applies to private courses but I’ve called a few places and they are all closed until at least May 5th.

Heard rumors of a course in Aberdeen (lol) being closed but free to play for the public. I mean its in Aberdeen, so this should be obvious, but conditioning sounded questionable

1 Like

Definitely illegal. I drove around to a couple courses to see if would even be possible to knock the ball around the putting green. No dice.

2 Likes

Inside info: Any course open is in jeopardy of losing their operating license (either for the rest of the year or a whole year… can’t remember which), so they are dumb if anywhere is open trying to make money for one month cause they could risk not opening up at for the summer+.

2 Likes

Most the courses that are “open” are still closed but allowing members who say monthly dues to “walk” around and enjoy some exercise. There are no visitors or guests allowed to accompany a member.

Anybody else think Inslee going to extend the golf shutdown until June?

That’s what I’m expecting since he has no financial incentives or obligations to WA golf.

It would be a weird move since NY just opened up their courses, though, he has erred on the side of caution through most of this.

2 Likes

It looks like our projections are for mid May getting us back to a place where we can go proper tracing, wouldn’t be surprised if he extends it a couple of weeks. Really hoping they re open in a limited capacity though.

Take a listen to see why I’m pessimistic on May 4th. He balks when directly asked specifics of how to make it work and softly says it may be extended longer.

Inslee on current WA golf and other activities

1 Like

Ha, was just posting the same. Should have read your post first.

Loved how specific Softy got and pushed him. Inslee just doesn’t want give an inch on anything because he believes once he starts to ease up, the flood gates are open.

1 Like

That’s been my assumption. Understand the precautions and feel like he’s probably right that when he starts letting go he probably won’t be able to come back

Man I would love some good news tho :joy:

2 Likes

If I could play tomorrow, but it was guaranteed to be a 6.5 hour round at Willows, walking, in the rain, I’d be in line before sunrise

2 Likes

This interview actually made me pretty optimistic that we’ll get golf before July. It certainly seems like waiting for an R0<1 is a good and evidence based threshold before considering opening up golf and other non contact sports.

1 Like

I need to figure out ways to channel my jealousy away from this situation and into more productive things.

Wife is annoyed I’m talking about golf like it’s my only priority and complaining about it.

It’s certainly frustrating to watch other states allow it and be completely restricted here amidst good weather.

Was just talking about that with my friend haha no questions asked