Roll Call: WA (PNW Crew) - 2024 RTGS Sign-Ups in Post 2715

Could be closed for the rest of 2020 — Without knowing details, who can say?

With the level of unrest we’re seeing right now, that seems really unlikely but I suppose you’re right.

I don’t think the federal govt, or state govt, has the fortitude to keep most of the economy shut down for much longer. They can’t write checks large enough. Nor would I want them to.

I just got an email from Echo Falls stating that they could be open May 5th and are already allowing tee times to be book (no payment necessary) in advance. Definitely nothing definitive whatsoever, and completely an autonomous action on their part, but encouraging nonetheless when you’re looking for any sense of positivity.

1 Like

How early are you going out? :slight_smile:

I booked 7 am at west Seattle and I’ll probably do a 1 or 2 pm at Jeff park that day. Really scratch the itch.

West Seattle is hard to beat for the $$

1 Like

How are you getting there without the bridge?!

But jokes aside had a similar email from Gold Mountain and was thinking of taking the day off work and getting 36 in over there. A bit worried any muni on the Seattle side is going to be even worse than normal from the first 2 weeks

1 Like

I think if they make it walking only that might not be the case. That’s what I’m hoping for at least.

Damn, I kinda forgot about the bridge!

Didn’t mean to give us all more bad news haha was just thinking about it though

With MI and IL opening golf back up May 1st, there’s no chance we don’t closely follow suit, right? Peer pressure is a hell of a drug (especially when people are protesting at your place of work).

1 Like

Gov Inslee is expected to address the availability of “outdoor activities” later this week. This is a response, in part, to the protests over the weekend to allow fishing.

To be fair, it sounded like he was going to address it this week in his Friday presser anyways. I’m sure the protests didn’t help, but I can’t imagine that’s actually the reason he’s going to address it. I would honestly be pretty surprised to not see it start to open up early or mid week (Monday or Tuesday this week or next), it seems like the worst case scenario is that he announces on a Thursday that everything will open up for the weekend.

Not sure what happened with the fishing but we need some good news here folks

2 Likes

2:30 press conference… here’s hoping

1 Like

couldn’t come at a better time. all the clubs I have ordered lately due to confinement are all arriving today. many, many boxes

1 Like

@I_have_the_yips Can you pass the hopium this way?

Golf isn’t returning any time soon because of Inslee.

He is obsessed with testing and doesn’t have any kits. He said 4x the tests weekly were needed to begin to confirm.

He also said the order for kits they placed had a timeline of June/July.

I’ll be shocked if golf is back before 4th of July, seriously.

I think based off his last presser when he stated they were looking at outdoor activities and the allowing of construction to start back that we will see the outdoor recreation open up soon. I believe that anything done within a building will not be done until the test kits arrive.

1 Like

I genuinely don’t think I’m being that optimistic but maybe I do have rose colored glasses on. From a political perspective, it makes sense to sound more pessimistic to the public than you actually are. To me, construction opening up shows he’s being appropriately cautious but also reasonable about what is a safe activity.