Roll Call: WA (PNW Crew) - 2024 RTGS Sign-Ups in Post 2715

Zach Galifianakis Laugh GIFs | Tenor

2 Likes

At least until the restraining order @Ghost_of_Ty_Webb had put in place is lifted.

2 Likes

3 Likes

Two things:

1. I have a questionnaire that Iā€™d really appreciate if everyone in the PNW Crew filled out.

Only questions in Section 1 and one question in Section 7 are required to be answered, and theyā€™re mostly just generic census-like data, so even if youā€™re new or not very active, please submit one!

Feel free to answer as much or as little as you want. However, your opinion is important and may alter how the 2024 season is ran, so take your time!

1. Itā€™s time to vote for what colorway weā€™re going to use in 2024!

The vote closes the night of November 5th.

Here are the choices, made none other than THE @richardlhawkes :

(Mono and Mono Reverse are not options)

Vote Here:

Results Here:

3 Likes

So, Iā€™m going to cancel the 0900 tee time and we can go with yours at 1112, hope that works for the restā€¦ Thanks for getting that tee time and excited to see yaā€™ll in a few weeks!

4 Likes

Yep, I confirmed with @Ghost_of_Ty_Webb and @Rickdiculous, weā€™re good to go. Also paying $85 thanks to super member and all around great guy @Vaughanw22. Hat tip to you, sir!

6 Likes

@Vaughanw22

Sounds good! Thanks again.

2 Likes

FIrst rule of getting member rates is you donā€™t post things nice about me on the internet, Kaiser!

4 Likes

Recently joined the Nest and am interested in #gettinginvolved in the PNW Crew. Whatā€™s the best way to get started? Apologies if I missed an FAQ.

5 Likes

How do you feel about The Home Course?

4 Likes

Need some advice in Seattle. Flying in late Monday night staying in Bellevue for a work meeting early Tuesday. Then playing Chambers Wednesday and flying out Wednesday night. Tuesday/Wednesday afternoon evening I plan on trying to see Pike Place and eating at Walrus & Carpenter/Pink Door.

Looking for all advice on where to stay Tuesday night, other food suggestions, and solid coffee reccoā€™s.

I would probably do the touristy stuff, and then stay down in Tacoma for your Wednesday round at Chambers. Traffic will be a BITCH if you stay in Seattle.

Also expect a long wait at Pink Door without a reservation.

1 Like

If you do stay in Tacoma, Valhalla coffee is great.

3 Likes

Iā€™m not a coffee head at all, but if you need coffee in Seattle, I was always partial to Cherry Street Coffee. They have a couple of locations downtown.

3 Likes

Any worthwhile touristy stops outside of the market?

If you are talking Seattle Specificā€¦ a few things came to mind; Museum of Flight, Space Needle ($$$), After the market continue to the SAM Sculpture Park. I like to just walk the Waterfront. Top of the Smith Tower is cool for a drink ($$$). Museum of History and Industry (MOHAI) on South Lake union is nice get to watch sea plane land and take off. I like the Ballard Locks, Museum of Pop Culture (MoPOP) Music Mostly

Between Tacoma and Seattle it pretty blah (residential and warehouses, and that where I live)

1 Like

My current favorite restaurant is TOMO in White Center. Itā€™s most likely sold out during your dates, but worth checking for cancellations.

If you havenā€™t been to Din Tai Fung, I highly recommend it. It is an international chain, but the soup dumplings are fantastic. There are locations downtown (Pacific Place) & Bellevue Square.

Taylor Shellfish Farms is excellent for oysters if Walrus and the Carpenter doesnā€™t work out.

Have a great trip.

3 Likes

I was going to suggest this:

Itā€™s a speakeasy type of thing, you buy a ticket to take an old ass elevator to the top of the Smith Tower and they have a high-end cocktail bar and appetizers. And while you are down in the Pioneer Square area, the Seattle underground tour is pretty sweet tour of the old city before it burned to the ground and was rebuilt above (i.e. when Seattle burned to the ground in 1889, they rebuilt it like 10-15 feet higher, but when building the new city, preserved the old city remains below)

1 Like

If thereā€™s a better place for this, forward me along.

But the wife and I are going to try and be one of many people to move to Seattle/Seattle area next summer while we enjoy the DINK & WFH life and to not be in Indianapolis.

Weā€™d love to be in downtown Seattle area. Would love to be involved in the Roost when we get out there, but would also love to bounce moving qā€™s and ideas off of some folks.

Any hacks/tidbits/must doā€™s/things to avoid from the PNW Crew w/ a potential move like this?

6 Likes