Roll Call: WA (PNW Crew) - 2024 RTGS Sign-Ups in Post 2715

My suggestion would be, depending on how often you want to golf and practice - plan where you want to live accordingly. There are a few deadzones that yield some annoyingly long travel times to courses & practice facilities

4 Likes

The normal Seattle hot spot neighborhoods:

• Queen Anne
  • Ballard
  • Green Lake
  • Capitol Hill

What do you plan on doing in your spare time outside of golf? That can also help out with recommendations. The above spots are great for everyone, but probably tend to lean towards a younger audience as there are tons of great restaurants and bars in those neighborhoods. And every neighborhood in Seattle has pros/cons, which I can dig into once I know more.

The ideal spot would be where we have to do minimal driving for most every day things.

So the wife fell in love with Freemont/Green Lake area. Obviously, $$$, could be a factor there.

Ballard/Fremont/Green Lake is all relatively close, so all would be great options. You can slide in my DM’s and I’m happy to walk you through specific areas to potentially avoid for various reasons. Golf will be a pain in your ass though, be forewarned. Probably 45-minute drive (or more) depending on where you want to play.

3 Likes

Unless… we have the ultimate C-Suite family… Seattle Country Club is pretty close to Green lake ;-). But yeah everything normal, long ways away

Can totally understand why your wife fell in love with Freemont/Greenlake, super fun area!
As a suburb guy… if you are an outdoors family, some of the city’s in the foothills are fun too (Issaquah, Snohomish, Woodinville, Enumclaw) they give you much quicker access to the Cascade’s and all they have to offer.

1 Like

Yes, if you have 13 member sponsors, Seattle Golf Club is a great option! :wink:

4 Likes

Can confirm Green Lake is great (holla at ya boi if you have specific questions).

As far as golf goes, within 15ish minutes from GL is Interbay (9 hole executive course + driving range), Jackson Park (decent muni with big driving range), Nile Shriner (super fun par 68 course), and Inglewood (solid private course with a good young exec membership). Also Green Lake pitch and putt!

2 Likes

Do not call Jackson a decent muni - its one of the worst golf courses in the state. Would play Nile 10-0 over Jackson

3 Likes

City of Seattle is tough for golf. Be prepared to drive. For the neighborhoods you are looking at, golf is always going to be a bit of a hassle. The places that will be close to play/practice (Interbay, Jackson, UW range, Puetz range) it’s pretty busy / not that great.

It takes a while to settle in and find your community. The Seattle Freeze is a real phenomenon.

My main advice is to find things that gets you outside and active November - March.

1 Like

Like golfing at Chambers Bay!

5 Likes

If the move is for sure happening, I would join Chambers Bay members club at the cheapest rate $550ish. It comes with 4 free rounds and SUBSTANTIAL discounts on additional rounds. They start selling it late November / early December. Even if you are only going to be in town for 6 months, it would be a good value.

2 Likes

Being diplomatic here!

2 Likes

Is this a fair comparison? Nile is Top 4 in the state.

1 Like

Just to be clear with anyone reading this, this is a bit.

5 Likes

It literally isn’t.

1. Wine
  2. Chambers
  3. Gamble (based on user reviews)
  4. Nile

Thats the order i rank them in playability. F the private tracks.

3 Likes

Just to be clear with anyone reading this, do not take this man seriously.

4 Likes

Name me a better track in WA you can play everyday?

THC? Good luck with tee times
Snoho? Good luck in January
Zintel Creek? Possibly but 90% of Washington residents don’t realize theres land east of the cascades.
Gold Mountain? Wildly overrated but I’ll acknowledge thats an opinion. Also tee times are sketch

You can have a blast at Nile and it’s relatively cheap. Is the range situation sketch? Yeah it is, but we both know neither of us are hitting the range.

And spare me the Spokane talk, because thats the same as Zintel. Too remote for 70% of the population of Washington.

1 Like

White Horse, Trophy Lake, Gold Mountain, Legion Memorial, North Bellingham, Loomis Trails, Port Ludlow… shall I go on? I can go on.

3 Likes

Also worth noting that you can usually play Nile in under 4 hours, along with great conditioning for the price.

And there’s effectively no dress code!

1 Like

The bar is EXTREMELY low at the Nile, as you can see.