Roll Call: WA (PNW Crew) - 2024 RTGS Sign-Ups in Post 2715

Appreciate the heads up. That’s the “GolfVision” stance in the Chicago area.

3 Likes

Booked for Sunday AM! It’s this or get up at the crack to go out on a cousin’s fishing boat, which honestly also sounds fun. But have this as a back up in case there isn’t room on the boat. Thanks all!

4 Likes

Oof. I’ll do my best to be objective here. MCCC has more open fairways. EGCC has old school charm and has been around longer. I think EGCC is more challenging and slightly nicer. I think MCCC is more interesting because of elevation changes but it won’t blow you away. Both are great and will provide a fun round.

3 Likes

So… Snohomish is fucking awesome for a local muni (I live 11 minutes from it), but it doesn’t drain well at all, just an FYI. If it rains all weekend, you might be playing lift, clean, place (and maybe even lose a few balls embedded in the fairway). But the routing and course conditions in the summer are so, so good. Asks ALL the questions, you’ll need a draw and a fade off the tee, and it’s going to be yellow and firm and fast as fuck if today’s rain dries up.

3 Likes

What time? Would be happy to join you Sunday morning

1 Like

We have any chambers bay experts here? Have a group heading out in 5 weeks and I have some questions.

What are your questions - many of us play Chambers 5-10 times a year

2 Likes

A few:

Any idea what the latest tee time of the day might be the first week of November?

When will the tee sheet open for that week? (I think it’s 30 days before date of play but can’t seem to find the actual policy)

Is there a way to get around this policy and book early/now?

Is the food at the grill any good or should we grab something elsewhere after the round? (Making the 6 hour drive to bandon after we play)

I dont know exact latest tee times but if its after 1:30pm, you are going to be pressed for daylight. Pretty standard to have 4.5+ hour rounds there.

I thought the tee sheet opened sooner than 30 days but maybe @MrVinegar206 has insight there. I’m certain there is no way to get around the booking window - atleast I’ve never heard one.

Food there is fine, nothing I’d go out of my way for but it is on site. There is better food in the tacoma area for sure, but if you are jumping in the car to go to Bandon, I’d just eat on site before the drive

1 Like

The tee sheet for the entire year opened in January. There are no tee times available in 2023, you just have to be on the lookout for cancellations. It’s total bull shit. They do use a service called “noteefy” that emails you when a tee time opens up, but it’s usually booked by the time you click on the email and search for the day/time.

I’d just get food elsewhere. It’s fine, but not worth sticking around for if you are heading to Bandon. There’s some great spots in Steilacomm for pizza (I think), again tagging in @MrVinegar206 here.

1 Like

Thanks for the food rec. I was finally able to get a hold of someone in the shop who confirmed November tee times open 10/1. I believe they released all of 2023 thru October at once but held back November and December for some reason.

4 Likes

They only released all the May-September times all at once at the beginning of the year. Not sure when November opens up but I would just call the pro shop and ask. You can also sign up for the noteefy alerts on their booking site for the day you want and it should text you when they become available. I would give yourself 5 hours before sunset whatever day you play to make sure you finish.

2 Likes

Alright folks, cousin is protecting his delicate back for the Monday round, so I have a spot available with me this Sunday, 9:24am at Snohomish.

2 Likes

^ @fishtopher18

Even though Ive been pinged, Id just echo what @aciszewski21 and others have said :slight_smile:

Unless you still have questions?

We connected in the DMs. Alas, tee time is too late.

1 Like

2 Likes

Hey all - just moved to the Seattle area, and would love to get together with some fellow golfers. Any PNW crew events happening soon?
Also, what are peoples’ favorite public courses in the area? I’ve got a car, and am mobile. Especially for golf.

4 Likes

What part of the city are you in? We’ve got a north vs south sound match event coming up in Oct but I believe all the spots for the event are filled!

You are coming in right at the tail-end of our yearlong competition series but we still play a ton together and will have a jam packed year next season.

2 Likes