Roll Call: WA (PNW Crew) - 2024 RTGS Sign-Ups in Post 2715

I think the crew will all tell you the weather will be a crap shoot, but a winter rain here is often a drizzle and it’s not to bad to play in. I would say probably most of us play 12 months a year, I do…(none of the courses shut down for the winter)

The good news is Chambers Bay will actual be one of the driest course to play in the Puget Sound Area.

4 Likes

Entirely depends what you’re used to playing in. I used to play year round up here in Vancouver but I’m soft now and don’t play from Nov-Feb because it’s normally cold, rainy and extremely soggy.

But at least Chambers shouldn’t have the soggy part!

2 Likes

Well, I live in one of the hottest, driest places in the world (Perth, Western Australia), so should be fine… right?!

Honestly though, I don’t mind playing in wind or rain, just preferably not both. Chambers would likely be a once in a lifetime opportunity, so I reckon I could suck it up for the day though.

Doesn’t look like you can book this far out, and we’ve not even booked flights or anything yet, just wanted to see if it was even a possibility, which it looks like it may be.

Appreciate the feedback regardless, will check back in closer to the time to see about tee times and the like.

2 Likes

No idea how tee times will work in 2024, but if it’s what they did in 2023, they will open up the tee sheet sometime in January (maybe it was January 1, I don’t know honestly) and then all the tee times for the entire year will be booked within a few hours, and then you’ll just have to hope for cancellations 48 hours out. It’s a REAL great system they’ve got.

3 Likes

(Cancellations might not be the worst way to go for me. Better than booking so far in advance & needing to cancel myself.)

2 Likes

Played today. 10/10 experience.

Thx to all who continually answer the q’s on if it is worth it.

100% is.

Also, SeaTac blows.

4 Likes

October finale signups are open:

Sunday, October 15th - The Home Course

36 hole day of North vs South Sound Ryder Cup. Team matches in the morning. Individual matches in the afternoon.

Capping it at 24 players, 12v12. The top 4 that can play that are fighting for the RTGS title will be guaranteed spots.

The afternoon times are locked in, 12:42-1:27.

The morning times are just about guaranteed now thanks to all the Men’s Club members that chimed in, but their priority order makes it so they have leave it open for possible Stay & Play players doing the Championship Experience until Saturday, the 23rd, when they’ll let me book it the day before the Men’s Club booking window opens.

We’ll figure out whose on which side after players are signed up.

No restrictions on tees used or format used for each group of the team matches. Best Ball, Worst Ball, Alt-Shot, Chapman, Shamble, etc. You can use them. Just need to know what tees and format is being used in each group with enough time to put them in Golf Genius

3 Likes

Long time no type, PNW Crew… Headed your way this weekend for a wedding, and have tentative plans to play Mill Creek CC next Monday. Thoughts, pointers, hot takes?

Also a “so you’re saying there’s a chance” possibility for a Sunday AM round north of Seattle (will be in Lynnwood); the earlier the better because my family are lazy late sleepers.

1 Like

I just played Lynnwood Muni with @zangief76 last weekend, and it’s a great little par 65 Muni if you enjoy narrow/short par 4s! might be good for a morning round.

3 Likes

Wait, are you coming to my wedding this weekend?!?

For real though, @Generational3Putter is your Mill Creek CC point-of-contact for thoughts, pointers, and hot takes.

3 Likes

I don’t know, are you my wife’s cousin’s son? That would be super weird! :joy:

Looks like I could sneak in right before fall aeration!

2 Likes

Unfortunately, no.

I would recommend connecting with @fishtopher18 for all “north of Seattle” golf. Normally I would be there along side him, BUT I’m getting married this weekend and I don’t think my fiancée/wife would appreciate it. :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

Heck yes, get ready to lose some balls if you don’t drive it straight! Seriously though, woods or irons off tees will often be enough depending on the tees you play and driving distance. Greens are very pure, rough should be thick given the recent rain. Enjoy it!

2 Likes

Booked a single & ready to mingle spot at Harbour Pointe early early on Sunday just to have something on the board.

You might regret that after the absolute down pour and swamp that is the front 9 at Harbour (let alone its just a shitty course anyway).

What time would you need to get out Sunday?

2 Likes

@Generational3Putter should he play MCCC or EGCC? You’ve played both, whats your actual take? @andrewf very likely can bring you out to EGCC Monday depending on time

1 Like

I can give you 5-10 courses North Sound that are better experiences and also better deals

5 Likes

Love it. Hit me.

Sunday I’m more flexible, but earlier is better. Only thing on schedule is the wedding late afternoon.

Monday we are dealing with some flight schedules for others, so we can’t get on MCCC early enough. Hoping for someone to drop there. For now they have booked foursome Gleneagle at 7:30am.

Edit for clarity: Sunday I’m a single. Monday I believe we have a foursome, although we’ll see who survives the reception.

3 Likes

Relatively close to Lynnwood:

• Lynnwood Muni
  • Legion Memorial (not sure when they punch)
  • Snohomish Golf Course - dont confuse it for the Snohomish Valley Golf Center, which is a sweet spot, but not a golf course haha (punched in early September - already healed from what I hear)
  • Walter Hall, but I hear it’s a tough scene after heavy rains, so might have you pass on this one

A little more driving required for other options if you want me to continue, but we have a strict “Fuck Oki” policy around here haha

2 Likes