Roll Call: Virginia

Last call to get signed up for the event on the 24th…shutting down sign ups end of the week to start picking 4 somes and such. $50 for NLU event 4 hours south of DC tops via 66 to 81.

2 Likes

Going on vacation with the family and my parents the last week of this month to Chincoteague. Any good courses we should try out while we are down that way?

Thanks in advance for all your help!

Ive got 2 spot available at University of Maryland on Friday 7/16 at 9:20 if anyone’s interested.

HAVE ABOUT 6-8 SPOTS STILL OPEN FOR SATURDAYS EVENT $50 GUISE COME DOWN AND PLAY IN THE VA EVENT!!!

4 Likes

…and help VA trounce North Cackalacka

2 Likes

Didn’t get much feedback the last time but decided to try again lol.

The family and I are headed out to Chincoteague Island this upcoming week for vacation. Wondering if there are any courses on the Eastern Shore anyone recommends that I should check out?

Any interest in a fall tournament up at Stoneleigh in Western Loudoun County? It’s mine and @Shankapotomous home course. We’d love to have everyone out!

9 Likes

Sweet track and would be interested depending on the weekend. Was up that way in June leesburg/bluemont hiking etc.

If we get enough people interested I’ll start a thread and we can discuss some dates! Were you on the Appalachian trail?

1 Like

Good deal. Yep, we did a leesburg area trip hiking AT, breweries, and wineries. Great spots.

All in for this.

2 Likes

I live about a mile from the AT. I think a weekend of golf and visiting some of the great local wineries/breweries after would be pretty awesome

2 Likes

will definitely keep you posted as this develops

1 Like

More than likely I’m in…… I start hunting come oct but unless it’s cold I’d prefer to come play with you goons

@drh1016 if you need any help with it or I can advise in any way, feel free. I’ll say this much, I get like I was on a destination golf trip al weekend and I never left my city. Absolutely great time with great people and any/all hassle and work involved was absolutely worth it.

5 Likes

I think you’re looking at driving > 1 hour to Ocean City. Or going south to Cape Charles if you are able to get on at Bay Creek, but I’m pretty sure they went 100% private in the past year or two

Ocean City is looking like my best bet so far

That’s awesome! I’m a hunter too maybe I can have you out on my property sometime this fall man

With all of the hiking, breweries/wineries and great courses in the area I definitely feel like this event can too have that destination golf trip feel.

But I would love to pick your brain for this event and get an idea of what worked really well and maybe some things you’d recommend us doing with this event. I will shoot you a PM!

2 Likes

I’d do rum pointe if your thinking of playing a OC course “near” Chincoteague

That’s one on my dads list for us to try. He also found one named Captain’s Cove that’s pretty close but I’ve read it’s a 9 hole course that just has alternate tee boxes to make it an 18 hole track

Can’t do the second weekend in October but otherwise, count me in

1 Like